1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting in MS Dos mode?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by albereto, Jul 11, 2004.

Feeling a bit thick today! Anyone an idea on how I can restart PC in MSDOS mode. Need to format my hard drive and using ME at the moment. Thanks.

albereto, Jul 11, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Tap the F8 key during boot up and you will get a menu that allows you to start in DOS mode.

However, what I would do under these circumstance is boot from a floppy or from the O/S CD.

Hopefully you are not planning to reinsatll ME. That was Microsofts low point as far as a Windows version of an operating system goes. I recommend you move to XP Pro.

compar, Jul 11, 2004 IP
  3. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what I thought. I only have options 1.Normal 2. Boot Legged? 3. Safe Mode - something like that. I'm formatting to instal XP actually, ME is awful!

4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Then just stick the XP CD in the drive and boot to it. Then chose a fresh install.

You may have to go into the bios setup and make your CD drive the primary boot device before you can do this.

compar, Jul 11, 2004 IP
  5. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Compar