1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting in copywriting

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by p0werB0, May 15, 2019 at 1:39 AM.

How did you start copywriting, what did you use to learn and how did you get your first job?
    SEMrush

p0werB0, May 15, 2019 at 1:39 AM IP
    SEMrush
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Over the years I've studied a number of copywriting courses.

Although I've never worked as a copywriter for others I've written a number of pieces for my own needs so I'll give you some thoughts on your question based on my experiences.

My first intro into copywriting was Brian Kieth Voiles' course "Advertising Magic."
    You can find "The Gary Halbert Letters" at no cost at http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/. It's a good source.
    John Carlton's "Kickass Copywriting Secrets of A Marketing Rebel" is good.
    Paul Meyers has a course available titled "Creating Killer Content."
    American Writer's & Artist's Institute's (AWAI) 6-Figure Copywriting courses are good. Not really cheap. As an aside I believe that AWAI uses these courses to seek out writers who show big promise at success for writing controls. They have a lot of copywriting work available and, I think, a shortage of copywriters to perform that work.
    A Google search for training for copywriter job returned 25.7 million results. You can check those out but I would caution that you research carefully. Some of that stuff is most likely created by would-be copywriters who know nothing about copywriting.

I wish you great fortune in you quest. Copywriting is a good field.

JoeSpirit, May 15, 2019 at 4:08 AM IP