1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting development on new site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Altus, May 25, 2005.

Yesterday I bought a template from monstertemplate.com to help speed up the development process. The template I bought doesn't have much css work done and i am affraid that much of the on screen text will be washed out by the very lengthy html code. Should I concentrate on optimizing the html before the site gets indexed or is it immaterial?

Altus, May 25, 2005 IP
  2. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will matter to the search bots at all, but developing the site will be much easier if you use CSS, especially if you plan to have many pages.

Andi

Andi, May 25, 2005 IP
  3. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people will likely say that reducing the code w/ CSS will help you out somewhat - although its not a huge kick. I generally prefer less code and CSS as its easier to update, modify, cleaner, etc. etc.

In short I'd say its worth a bit of time but don't plan to spend more than 5-10% of your "SEO" efforts on that - as reducing code is nice to help your text appear higher on the page (source code) but its only a small piece of the pie.

ephricon, May 25, 2005 IP
  4. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    You can try this trick if you want.
    delorie.com/web/ses-hint.html

sadcox66, May 25, 2005 IP
  5. Altus

Altus Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip sadcox66, i think i am going to spend an afternoon sliming down what i have right now. The person that made the orginal template had no regard for seo.

Altus, May 26, 2005 IP