1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting as a writer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tom Hulme, Jul 10, 2017.

1. DVDLOCKER_SCOTT

DVDLOCKER_SCOTT Banned

Best Answers:
    Writing can be a long, tough but rewarding thing todo, my advice would be to setup a blog website first off, ones like Wordpress, or Blogger all offer free accounts for you to create, you will then start building up an audience that way you will see who your audience will be when you start writing, use the blog as a template and a starting goal to writing - good luck ! :)

DVDLOCKER_SCOTT, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  2. locac

locac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For those young generation,

I believe to review those latest Tech product will be attractive.

You can review them in the form of Video or Text & Pics.

The Youtube reviewer is now the most popular job on the internet, but make sure your words are attractive and interesting enough which is essential.

locac, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  3. Joy Hamilton

Joy Hamilton Member

Best Answers:
    This day in age, start by having your own blog or website. You can grow your business from there. Be consistent with your blog and after it's set up, make sure you post a new article at least once a week. Interact on social media like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (depending on what you're writing about), and Pinterest (depending on what you're writing about). You will gain an audience, experience, and confidence from having your own blog. While you're building your blog, you can begin pitching places with your writing. I really wouldn't write for free on other people's blogs, websites, and publications if you can help it. You're better off spending that time building up your own website.

While you do the above, I would also actively search for work as a writer. I found a good article with some tactics I've used with success in the past. https://elnacain.com/blog/20-ways-find-freelance-writing-jobs/

You may spend a couple of months feeling like you aren't getting anywhere but don't give up! My first year as a freelance writer I made $60. My income grew from there. After about a month of writing 5-10 pitch letters a day sometime after that first year, I finally got my first really good paying assignment. If I had given up I wouldn't have been where I am today. For me, it had always been for the joy of writing and eventually the money found me. :)

Good luck! I know you can do it.

Joy Hamilton, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  4. Glenn48

Glenn48 Peon

Best Answers:
    Start writing articles on all these topics. Create your own blog on wordpress, this gives your a platform. Publish your articles here. Find other bloggers who write on similar topics as you. Talk to them, get advice from them. Find some freelancing work online, small projects that you can handle along with your primary job. Happy writing!!

Glenn48, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  5. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I remembered when I started my writing career several years ago, I took the time to learn everything. I build my portfolio by setting up a personal blog. I also write on Ezine Articles to promote my blog in different niches. I tried Fiverr gigs who are looking to publish on Ezine Articles myself, and that's where it all started. Until now, I'm enjoying my writing career serving few clients for my guest blogging service. Keep learning and improve yourself.

bogartkick, Aug 14, 2017 IP