1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting an eCommerce online Store

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Orlandobc, Apr 26, 2016.

I'm new in starting an Online eCommerce store and I was wondering if any of you can recommend a good drop shipping company that will not only take the products to the customers door step but also fill my store with their products....

Suggestions?

Orlandobc, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  2. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    So to make it short you want to make money without doing anything ?
    You are not alone ;-)

makeonlineshop, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  3. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    Dropshipping is a risky model. Make sure you know the drop shipper well and that the company / manufacturer is reputable. It also helps a great deal if that company is located in your area.

It's better to err on the safe side. I recommend Amazon FBA instead. Buy limited products from local wholesalers, test the water on Amazon, and the product sells, then grown your store organically there.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  4. NimbleMerchant

NimbleMerchant Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure about a company that would do all the job for you, but you definitely can find suppliers. I don't exactly run a drop-shipping model (prefer to ship stuff to my own store and ship locally myself), but typically do test purchase to see product quality, package etc. without letting a supplier know I am a wholesale customer (unless they only sell wholesale, which is a different story).

The rule of thumb here is simple: start small so that your initial risk is small, too. You won't avoid risk completely ever, because doing business is all about risk tolerance. If you don't want to risk, go work 9-5. :)

I usually risk no more than $400 on a test purchase and keep my first "real" orders relatively small too until I'm sure I deal with a reliable supplier (at that point he usually also realizes we're about to do a good business together and will do his best anyway).

NimbleMerchant, May 1, 2016 IP