1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting an anime streaming site, where to begin?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Butazi, Jul 1, 2011.

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this question isn't directly related but I've been doing tons of research and I've been working on several projects.

I am looking to start an anime stream site similar to animecrazy/narutoget/animefreak but I'm having trouble grasping where they manage to get/embed so many sources.

I know animecrazy seems to have some sort of system where people can submit mirrors. But the one on narutoget has their own javascript or something and watermarks in their videos. I'm sure they don't upload the videos but they manage to do something that has them embed their own.

I don't know how/where these guys get their own embedding sources but I would love to dab into this market.

I only know some moderate html and basic css and I haven't buffed up my programming skills in awhile so I can only read/understand so much at the moment.

But aside from that, I am pretty strong at marketing and I've become really in tune with SEO and other forms of internet marketing and I strongly believe that as I continue to learn and improve my skills (I've been looking at a lot of anime sites and I know they could be doing 2x-5x better), I can make this site a force to be reckoned with (or fairly popular).

I want this to be my main project and if someone could give me some direction on where to go it would be sooooooooooooooo great.

Butazi, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  2. AntonyTycoon

AntonyTycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your looking for an easy ride, there isnt one, the watermarked videos on narutoget for example and done individually and uploaded by the admin and staff members.
    you will need a team of people in order to get all the episodes online.

AntonyTycoon, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  3. Butazi

Butazi Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me, I'm definitely not looking for an easy ride (I see hundreds of these anime sites and very few do it right, and of those few who do it right...even fewer have been able to even compete/be seen). At the time of my original post I was pretty unsure of how different sites where getting certain videos streaming since it looked like from reading the code that they sourced their own videos.

Then I look at anime-freak and watchanimeon and they have users add links that are already uploaded to/from different places. So there are certainly different ways to go about making an anime-stream site. I know what the narutoget people are trying to do at this point and it's working very successfully.

My only knock on the whole narutoget model is that technically they aren't uploading their own videos on their own servers, but they are still uploading their stuff on 3rd party sites and then using that for embedding streams. I know there is a difference between just posting embeds vs uploading anime content on your own, but it seems like they are in a grey area since they are uploading the content themselves but aren't hosting it on their servers.

This is a quote from their legality page:
    None of the video content of this website is hosted on our servers or on servers of our staff, family members or otherwise related in any way whatsoever. Unless otherwise stated, all video content is uploaded by and hosted on the servers of third-parties, so called Video Sharing Websites, such as, but not limited to Veoh, YouTube, Dailymotion and Myspace Videos. In case of copyright infringement or any other issue, please directly contact the responsible parties.

I mean I certainly can spend the time and effort into doing this myself (making uploaded videos and adding a watermark), or I can just make a sleek/fast/great content site that can enable users to submit their own mirrors as well. Which means if I take watchanimeon route, I'm gonna have to figure out how the hell they do that, hooray learning more coding!

I'm doing more research as I'm making this post, and I must say...Narutoget certainly isn't playing around when it comes to getting the word out about them (I'll say that for now)...and I'll also say...narutoget has been a bad...bad boy.

I appreciate the help Antony

Butazi, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  4. AntonyTycoon

AntonyTycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know the admin of narutoget rather well, if he wants something he goes for it, the other anime sites cant compete with the guy. just keep trying im sure you will do ok, im currently trying to reate a simmilar set up to animecrazy myself in which users can post episodes.

AntonyTycoon, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  5. Butazi

Butazi Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned, narutoget is very beastly when it comes to making themselves very marketable. After doing more research I'm more than impressed with them. I'm still doing a lot of research on this matter and trying to figure out how successful I could make an anime streaming site. As much as I wanna dive into this, I definitely need the tools to make this happen and I'm gonna have to be extremely knowledgeable in what I'm gonna do.

Good luck on your site Antony, you should let me know when it's up and running!

Butazi, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  6. Floors

Floors Peon

Best Answers:
    You said, you want your coming site be popular, but using the java script and flash to assemble your site is not so great. Because SE can only read html language, right?

Floors, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  7. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just pay someone $50 and get them to code you a plugin just like it. Simple 'n easy.

Dismatikz, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  8. Animelover321

Animelover321 Peon

Best Answers:
    From your speech I figured out that you have quit the social life so I am asking this as a favor. I am a fresh man and I have almost zero knowledge in this matter but I am willing to put my best into this matter I would like to learn a lot more. However I need someone to get me to the start of the road I wouldn't mind being a member of a website team for free so I was hoping if u knew any one who is in search for members

Animelover321, Jun 10, 2017 IP