1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a travel website - where to begin?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Sheroz, Feb 15, 2017.

Dear fellow web designers/colleagues,

I am new to web development, have little coding experience, but I am very good at following instructions. I would like to start a travel site about a specific country. If you know of any, please share some good examples of tour operator sites that are built with user experience in mind.

I am really not sure where to begin and would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you in advance!

P.S.
    About the site:

It’s a user friendly and informative website where people could find any information about this country before they made their travel arrangements with the option to buy all-inclusive packages that include hotels, tickets, transportation, meals etc.

Basically this will be a tour operator site promoting a specific country and offer all inclusive travel packages to specific cities of the country.

Sheroz, Feb 15, 2017 IP
  2. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Install WordPress (it's free, and very very good), and choose a suitable free theme.

Either make sure the Theme is Responsive (i.e. it changes the layout as the size of screen it is viewed on, changes, which is essential these days as mobile devices outnumber computers) or use a Responsive Plugin to make it so.

Add some suitable free Plugins to do things like automatic backups, improve SEO, add "breadcrumb" navigation making your site easier for visitors to navigate, easily add Forms, etc.

Then add content, using WordPress . . . Pages for static pages, Posts for blog posts or changing content.

WordPress has so many major advantages, that it makes a lot of sense to use it.

Chris

Chris-, Feb 18, 2017 IP
  3. daniel27lt

daniel27lt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would recommend using Wordpress and purchasing a theme at themeforest, they have a huge collection of ideal travel themes. Check them out here:

https://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=travel&referrer=homepage

daniel27lt, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  4. Humanyoun

Humanyoun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting

Read this too

http://www.narrativepak.com/category/magazine-section/heritage/virsa/

Humanyoun, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  5. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    You already know the content of it so next step would be to get a design for it as it makes much easier than building it on the go.

Rokis, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  6. Alex Zander

Alex Zander Peon

Best Answers:
    Install WordPress and chose a theme. There are a lot of free themes and you do not need any advanced programming skills. For travelling you should prefer a theme with a lot of pictures and maybe a blog. I also created my website http://top-gummifisch.info/ with WordPress without any knowledge of programming.

Alex Zander, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  7. Fascination

Fascination Member

Best Answers:
    Do you need any help designing the site itself ?

Fascination, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  8. johnhammer96

johnhammer96 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lynda.com is a good place to learn more about web design. It has hundreds of hours of videos on general web design, as well as training for specific applications.

johnhammer96, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  9. borntobealive

borntobealive Peon

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend going with SiteGround as a web host provider and they also use Wordpress as the platform!
    I will paste their website below!
    https://www.siteground.com/index.htm?afcode=e3a524d6d802e0671711724999a89bac
    I also have a travel blog and I have also blogged about how to start a blog/travel blog etc if you are interested in reading the posts, I will insert my blog post below :) hope this helps you!
    http://borntobealive.blog/welcome/start-blogging-6-simple-steps/

borntobealive, Apr 7, 2017 IP