1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a new community but need advice

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by hunter22375, Dec 19, 2018.

Hello... I used to run a community using vB but I ended up not caring for it too much. I like Xenforo but it must be worth the $$ for what I am trying to accomplish. I want to start a new community. I am not sure if WordPress or a forum platform would be the way to go about it. This is what I want to accomplish:

1. I want to allow members to have their own page or section where they can post a gallery of products that they are selling with info and price... however, they will not actually be selling products via the website. They will private message with potential customers to discuss transactions.
    SEMrush
    2. I also want to be able to charge the sellers an automatic monthly subscription fee to continue listing their items while the prospective customers (other regular members would be free).

Any suggestions and or ideas on how to put this community together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hunter22375, Dec 19, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Who are you planning to target? What niche? Facebook marketplace communities are killing any potential competition. If you're going to have something super unique I can see how it may end up being ok, other than that I am really skeptical. If you're concerned about the price of Xenforo (which is not that high) how are you going to spin your site out? I gather you will have spend something on paid advertising at least initially.

qwikad.com, Dec 21, 2018 IP