1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

starting a ecommerce website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by chiller4life, May 23, 2012.

i want to start a ecommerce website but i m not sure as i went on ipage hosting it has 1 click scripts installations of oscommerce which is the best for e commerce

is oscommerce any good?

is magnato better i dont know how to install or anything... just gota good knowledge of html and css but not php and my SQL

chiller4life, May 23, 2012 IP
  2. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    If your programming skills aren't at the expert level yet, you should consider a host that can install the e-commerce shop for you. 1-click installations may be the way to go, or you can try using MAGENTO GO (not regular Magento; it's the GO service). This is a service by Magento where they have the shop already set for you -- just add products and make a few other settings, and you're good.

gotlivechat, May 23, 2012 IP
  3. sphinx498

sphinx498 Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried almost all freely available shopping cart software.I found magneto to be best amongst all.

sphinx498, May 26, 2012 IP
  4. Renee Fuentes

Renee Fuentes Peon

Best Answers:
    From working with a lot of ecommerce clients, I've had a lot of feedback suggesting the same thing- That Magento GO is quite easy to use and get started with. Best of luck!

Renee Fuentes, May 26, 2012 IP
  5. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    i have checked magneto go buts its monthly i just want a program which i can install and use it i m thinking of a plug in for wordpress but i dont have any knowledge of database or how it works but if someone can give me suggestion how they started and learnt please do tell me

thank you

chiller4life, May 26, 2012 IP
  6. salina33

salina33 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you start your e-commerce site then i would say best of luck and you should use magento database for your site.

salina33, May 27, 2012 IP
  7. cutesathya

cutesathya Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best ecommerce platform.
    the people who didn't use magento are now switching to magento.
    They are buying magento themes for their websites.

We are professional ecommerce website developers having a hardcore experience in ecommerce website development.
    Having around 7+ years of experience in developing web applications and Ecommerce Websites. Please check our portfolio in http://adodis-demo.com to witness the 1350 of websites done by our Ecommerce company. We have strong expertise in Magento, Drupal, Joomla and Virtumart, Ubercart CMS. We are one of the few companies in the world to provide the best Ecommerce solution to small/mid/large corporations around the world.

cutesathya, May 28, 2012 IP
  8. styrisvps

styrisvps Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is a really good eCommerce system. But it consumes a lot resources (RAM, CPU, ..etc). Magento optimization is not that hard. You will not go anywhere if your VPS does not have much hardware resources. If you want to use Magento, try to choose VPS with more RAMs, more CPUs, faster disks,I suggest you to use http://vpswebserver.com solutions,

styrisvps, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  9. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Friend,

Thats a great idea starting an ecommerce business online, High revenue earning platform. I would like to suggest 3 things for ecommerce as my experience will help you.

1. If you are planning to buy a ecommerce script, then AJ Shopping Cart Software ,will be the right choice with plenty of user friendly facilities.

2. If you worry about hosting issue, you can get Zscart - SaaS Ecommerce solution with easy monthly payment option and free trial too. you can make your shop with in five minutes.

3. If you are looking for free source means, Zeuscart will be right choice. Highly downloaded open source script online.

Good luck ...Choose one for successful ecommerce business.

joelchrist, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  10. udaypal

udaypal Peon

Best Answers:
    First develop a good website with unique layouts and make a good lists of products with different brands.....

udaypal, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  11. huseyinyilmaz

huseyinyilmaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A must good seo optimization

huseyinyilmaz, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  12. turri40

turri40 Active Member

Best Answers:
    bigcommerce is the best. i've been with oscommerce, magento, shopify, magentoGo, volusion, opencart, and even prestashop.

zencart is a variation of oscommerce.

I would rule everything out, if your not going to go with BigCommerce, go with Magento (but theres enormous costs that most newbies don't realize) trust me, i've experienced it.

I do offer ecommerce services, but PM for more details, I'm not trying to sell you anything, I just want to give you a advice that no one gave me

turri40, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  13. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good information. thanks for the share ! Important thing for an ecommerce site is the SSL Certificate.

sabrina, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  14. swft

swft Peon

Best Answers:
    magento is ofcourse an all rounder but if u dont have an expertie in installing then go for one which is pre installed and can handle better services,
    all the best

swft, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  15. bellc

bellc Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is good to start but do evaluate future cost if are planning for long-run and might have to move to their Enterprise version. Make sure you understand correctly the difference in community and enterprise version, and what type of usage each version allows.

bellc, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  16. aveh091112

aveh091112 Peon

Best Answers:
    aveh091112, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  17. groupon_clone_contus

groupon_clone_contus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Magento is the best platform for any ecommerce site. You will have many different plugins for making your online shopping cart more easier. So I prefer you to choose Magento. And there are many sites which guides you to work on Magento.

groupon_clone_contus, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  18. jiah

jiah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Listening to you friends comments i launched my site hxxp://vvv.raaas.com , but i m not getting good traffice ,(doing its seo myself)
    :(
    now what should i do , please help and any advice?
    thanks in advance :)

jiah, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  19. sathya83

sathya83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah even i am looking for some good ecommerce script at free of cost or at affordable price.

sathya83, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  20. sbrettoncm

sbrettoncm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Before you decide to try a specific software for this purpose, better try and get as much information about it as possible. There are many such tools you may come across. Choosing the right one is the main challenge you may have to encounter.

sbrettoncm, Oct 10, 2012 IP