1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Started in a blaze of glory, now the fizz has gone?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Brian123, Sep 9, 2006.

Hello Friends.

I started my forum almost a month ago. It was crazy to start with, over 200 members within 2 weeks, over 1000 posts within 3 weeks.

Now things have started to slow down :( Please give your thoughts on how to keep this alive.

I made it a members only forum because I wanted people to take a more active roll, rather than just lurk around reading posts, then gossiping about the comments made when they get in to work the next day.

Brian123, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  2. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made it a members only forum because I wanted people to take a more active roll, rather than just lurk around reading posts, then gossiping about the comments made when they get in to work the next day.

That was your first mistake. A closed forum does not bring nor maintain a constant member base. Second, the color is very dark and it is not good for a forum. It hurts some people's eyes. Other than that, it looks good.

Neptune, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. maxsmuter

maxsmuter Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly, you need to make it open to the public initially, after you have a user base, then put restrictions.

maxsmuter, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice, board has now been open to all.
    I need to get more companies to sign up though, and because of the nature of the board, approaching companies directly is not feasible!

Brian123, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. dojo

dojo Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Work the theme more. A bit too dark and sad.
    2. Put a description in the header; information about the site, why it's good to join
    3. make some post exchanges
    4. keep on adding new content and topics dayly.

These would be some of my fast tips ;)

dojo, Sep 19, 2006 IP