1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Laielady, May 27, 2014.

These two are very different, but people seem to compare the two in which is better. To me it's not so much which ones better but which one would I rather watch. I enjoy much more watching Star Trek. Not so much a competitions because they both are two very different series, but which would you rather watch? Star War or Star Trek?

Laielady, May 27, 2014 IP
  2. theunreachablestar

theunreachablestar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if this is fair until the new Star wars comes out. The new Star Treks have been epic. They took a Star Trek and made it just as action packed and exciting as Star Wars. The second trilogy of Star Wars fell pretty flat. I'm going with Star Trek on this one but that could soon be unseated when the new Star Wars comes out.

theunreachablestar, May 27, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to compare a show that was primarily developed for TV (Star Trek) with a show that was primarily developed for movies (Star Wars.) However, that said, I prefer Star Trek Next Generation over any other Star Trek or any Star Wars movie. By far.

jrbiz, May 29, 2014 IP
  4. chase_buie

chase_buie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting question. Star wars and star trek are placed in different settings. Some are similar some are not. Generally though star trek is set upon the enterprise in space. Star wars has more of land based, depending on the one you watch. I preferrer star wars because of this aspect. Different varieties keeps me more entertained.

chase_buie, May 29, 2014 IP
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Star Wars and Star Trek are both wonderful! But consider this, Star Wars is a lot about Jedi Knights, the use of the Force. It's like knights and magic, for me, but in the future. So, if you don't like such themes, it's obvious you'll always prefer Star Trek, which is just "the future of human technology". There's some religion in Star Wars, too, while Star Trek is totally atheistic.

6. metal34

metal34 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Star Wars!!!!

The absolute Vintage movie... ;)

metal34, May 30, 2014 IP
  7. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is like comparing apples to oranges. Star Trek is a television show, while Star Wars is a movie; Star Trek has hundreds of episodes, while Star Wars has only a handful of movies; I could watch Star Trek every day for years, but it is impossible to watch Star Wars every day for years without totally growing sick of it. Star Trek is great and I like watching it, but whenever a new Star Wars movie comes out, it's a real treat. Star Trek I can get for free, but I have no problem paying to see Star Wars...

Actually, it just occurred to me that there are also Star Trek movies. lol I had forgotten this; when I think of Star Trek, I think of television and I'd wager most people do as well. Which only goes to show that Star Wars made a much bigger impression than Star Trek did...

Jameyson MacDonald, May 30, 2014 IP
  8. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Come on, these a different genres and shouldn't be compared.
    Both are classics of early human cinema:)

Karuna17, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  9. DonnaC

DonnaC Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I really enjoyed the writing and character development over the seasons, though I always thought the uniforms could have been designed better. One-piece jumpsuits? Rather undignified to completely undress to relieve yourself in the future, don't you think? Then the two-piece uniform where the shirt keeps riding up, so it needs constant tugging. The casual wear was always cool, though.

DonnaC, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  10. DonnaC

DonnaC Peon

Best Answers:
    I frequently have the Star Trek Original series on in the background via Netflix when I'm doing housework. I've seen them so often that I don't really need to sit there and "watch" them to enjoy them. Of course, anyone who comes to visit when I have the shows playing become totally enthralled, especially on snowy afternoons. What's nice about watching all of the Star Trek shows on Netflix is that they are in order. Saves me from trying to explain to somebody where Worf's kid came from.

DonnaC, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  11. Jennifer Frost

Jennifer Frost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are great movies, I like all the parts of star wars, and when i have seen that movie i was just a kid.
    Now i have seen star trek, i like that too. but i like the 1st part most, the second part isn't good as the 1st one.
    what you think all my dp friends.

Jennifer Frost, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  12. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah both are way too different. Star Trek is about exploration, contact and keeping to the Prime directives, while Star Wars is grand, epic, fantasy of the highest order.

scurvy, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  13. Flip the Movie Script

Flip the Movie Script Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never fell in love with any of the movies. The cinematography and acting are great, but it wasn't anything I really screamed over. One interesting fact I came by though is that George Lucas and all of Star Wars combined has netted $27,000,000,000. Yeah, that's billion. It's funny what you find out when you start creating your own website on movie facts and information and more or less facts many people don't know.

I can't wait for the 2nd trilogy to start! George Lucas is one smart cookie.

By the way, the site is Flip the Movie Script in case you are interested at checking it out. flipthemoviescript.com

Flip the Movie Script, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  14. ruth007

ruth007 Banned

Best Answers:
    FF4,5,6 movies

ruth007, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  15. graphicnerd

graphicnerd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Star wars VII, I can't wait.

graphicnerd, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  16. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I simply haven't seen star t., and i think star wars are more epic in all ways.

NewJoe, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  17. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    never seen Star Trek? not one movie and not one series episode? There's a huge amount of stuff to see about Star Trek. Much more than Star Wars.

18. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Star Trek has really had a great revamp recently. That said, Star Wars still is legendary. Star Trek VI is one of my personal favorites!

gotkloud, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  19. dipti009

dipti009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Star war is better than star trek

dipti009, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  20. Coolman1980

Coolman1980 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself... But even a lifetime fan like me must acknowledge that pinning Star Trek up against Star Wars is an unfair comparison... Mainly because Star Wars has Super-weapons, such as the Death Star. Normally, the Imperial Star Destroyers and Enterprise class Federation Star Ships would be pretty closely (if not evenly) matched, but the Empire cheats with Super Weapons, such as the Death Star.

No ship in the entire Federation Star Fleet would survive the massive Super Laser from the Death Star, and because of that unfair advantage, I must admit, The Galactic Empire cheats.

If the USS Enterprise would happen to stumble upon the Death Star, this would happen:

Coolman1980, Aug 18, 2014 IP