1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Star Trek Discovery Review!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by scurvy, Sep 25, 2017.

So watching the new Star Trek pilot was almost like looking at the Sun without filters. Excruciating. Not only cos of the constant bombardment of lens flare and high contrast, but of the stupid opening theme that sucks balls, and how they keep changing the look of the Klingons? Why change they appearance? I don't get it.

Story is just so so. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Anyway here's hoping the next episodes cut back on the lens flares and get back to boldly going...

Gene must be turning in his grave.

scurvy, Sep 25, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Sep 26, 2017 IP
    scurvy likes this.
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    scurvy, Sep 26, 2017 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    To me, the best series was Next Generation. Nobody was as good a captain as Picard. It has been all downhill since, IMO. Did not see Discovery, but based on the above, I probably will not bother too, either.

jrbiz, Sep 26, 2017 IP
  5. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I loved Enterprise tho. Highly underrated classic. Loved it.

scurvy, Sep 26, 2017 IP
  6. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    afaik it's only available on NetFlix here in the UK :( so it'll be a while before I watch it (whenever it comes out on bluray/dvd)

SpacePhoenix, Sep 26, 2017 IP
  7. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update- Episode 3 even worse. Man the lens flares are murder on my eyes. And its so high contrast- plus why is everything soo bloody dark? The whole ship including the bridge looks like they forgot to pay the power bills. Remember how in the Original and TNG and even Enterprise how warm and homely the Bridge looked- its not like that here. Gives me a bad taste in my mouth. Vomitish feeling. And the fast cuts and extreme close-ups aren't helping :(

Even worse are the continuity errors. You see stuff that shouldn't exist in the Star Trek timeline for decades further down- such as holodecks and hologram communications. An also did the shuttles have Warp capability?? OMG.

Story is similar to the horrible Alien Resurrection. Discovery doing some off-the-books R&D close to Klingon space. Instant Travel using spores?? How does that fit into the timeline? LMAO.

scurvy, Oct 3, 2017 IP