1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Standardized Terms of Service or Privacy Policies?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jmn187, Aug 19, 2008.

I have a number of squeeze pages, and I've been looking high and low on a number copy writing sites for some standardized Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, or Disclaimers.

I don't want to pay a lawyer. Id like them to be plain Jane so I could use them on a number of different sites.

Does anyone know if anything like this exist? Or where to find them.:confused:

Jmn187, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Having them written by a lawyer doesn't mean they're in legalese - it just means they're legally enforceable. Any other options and you're taking a risk.

jhmattern, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    lots of companies copy contract terms from other companies, if it applies, why not use it? if your unsure, obviously check with an expert, but if you want to save money and have at least a small understanding of contracts, you could do the above

Edmond Dantes, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. Jmn187

Jmn187 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you could buy standard ones online somewhere, kind of like you would a lease agreement. Thanks for the info Jhmattern.

Jmn187, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ummm, actually, no you shouldn't do the above. That would be infringement. :rolleyes:

jhmattern, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  6. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, well, maybe "inspired" would be a better term. but basically, if you are looking for a privacy statement, for instance, look at a few others and from those, you should have enough information to craft your own

is the correct answer :)

Edmond Dantes, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  7. DeenaEsq

DeenaEsq Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it's a better answer. I would suggest contacting an attorney, telling them what you want to do and see if you can get a package rate. It's far cheaper to pay the money to an attorney now and get a good set written than it is to find out that your TOS and PP are useless when you're sued... If you want the rest of my reasons, I've written an entire blog post on the topic.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Deena
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.

DeenaEsq, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  8. Jmn187

Jmn187 Peon

Best Answers:
    DeenaEsq, Interesting article. Thanks for the post

Jmn187, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  9. DeenaEsq

DeenaEsq Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. If you have other questions, let me know.

Deena

DeenaEsq, Aug 21, 2008 IP