1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Staging area

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by David Abrahams, Mar 26, 2018.

Hi,
    I am pretty new to web design but am starting to build sites for myself and others.
    I am looking for some help/support/advice on how to best setup staging sites on my existing domain.
    So while I am building these sites I can give the staging address to the person that I am building for so that they can see the progress of the site and suggest changes.

i.e:
    site1.mydomain.com
    site2.mydomain.com

I think the correct way to do this is through Cpanel using subdomains plus all my sites will be wordpress sites so I also have to create the databases and users using phpAdmin..... I think...... Can anyway help on the full process and the best way to do this?

Also once I have finished making the site what is best way to replace the old site.... so I would have to move the new site from my server to their server replacing the old website.

I hope all of that made sense and I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

David Abrahams, Mar 26, 2018 IP
  2. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    For developing platform 3 ways deployment process 1. Development 2. Staging 3.Production/ Live server.
    Strategic deployment process standard ways by using DevOps platform ,Such as Git ,Jenkins ,etc

RomanEpo, Mar 30, 2018 IP
  3. Ant-Lion

Ant-Lion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just use subdomains through cpanel and something like Installatron to automate the installation of wordpress.
    For moving the site to the final server just zip the files up, download a database dump, backup the old site and database on the client's server, upload the files and database and adjust the config files to match the new server.

Ant-Lion, Apr 16, 2018 IP