1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SSL certificates.

Discussion in 'Security' started by ginostylz, Nov 3, 2007.

Does anyone have a good recommendation on certificates? I was looking into Comodo and verisign. I really hate the network solutions company, but they do have some of the giant sites like paypal. I was wondering how important it is to display the SSL logo, and if brand type ever matter in statistics.

While I hate the verisign company, one of the comodo logos is ugly, and the other one they use in the corner is a little too in your face.

ginostylz, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. creaws

creaws Peon

Best Answers:
    Big brands just allow your customers to put their trust in your site and be confident they will be safe in what they do.

You can get some from:

http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl-certificate-index.html

I would recommend GeoTrust, Equifax or Verisign.

Regards,

creaws, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. Ladadadada

Ladadadada Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to remember where I saw it but it was a graph of the breakdown of SSL certificates but Certificate Authority. Verisign are the authority for something lik 60-70% of all certificates and Geotrust have most of the rest. Certificates that are not signed by one of those two make up 5-10% of all certificates.

I'll post the link if I can remember where it was.

Ladadadada, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  4. ray9

ray9 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try RapidSSL. We use them, they are good.

ray9, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. Ladadadada

Ladadadada Peon

Best Answers:
    Ladadadada, Nov 10, 2007 IP