1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SSL Certificates

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MowerMan808, Jan 27, 2012.

Where is the best place to find Quality SSL certificates? I noticed that your domain registrar tries to upsell u one after u've purchased a domain. What type of prerequisites should u insist upon when choosing a SSL certificate and other online security for your e-commerce site?

MowerMan808, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Use godaddy. They're the cheapest I know of and they're well accepted.

jestep, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  3. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Check with your hosting provider. Sometimes it is cheaper to get them when you sign up for your hosting package than another source. If you are want good security for your site than it is a necessity.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  4. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can order an SSL certificate with any vendor just try to check about the renewal cost if you have been offered with attractive discount on SSL certificates. Well, SSL certificates are responsible for ensuring secure transactions between web servers and browsers so that data is been encrypt and is transmitted securely but if your server is facing some sort of security flaws then even the SSL certificate won't be of much importance. Hence server secure is having utmost importance when you are into online business and process online payments.

Markwebuk, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  5. mikek999

mikek999 Peon

Best Answers:
    i purchase my ssl from namecheap.com for my ecom stores -- i think they are $10.99 for a ssl from rapidssl. a few years ago i purchased a ev certificate and paid about $1500.... what a waste of money!

mikek999, Feb 2, 2012 IP