1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SSL Certificate Renewal-how long does it take?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tillies, Dec 7, 2004.

Hi,
    Did anybody here have to go thru the renewal of their SSL certificate? How long does it take? Mine is up for renewal and I was told it will take up to three days. Sounds like an awful long time to me.... This is our busiest season and I feel like shopping for a different one as I find this hard to swallow that a renewal process will take three days. Is this not automated? Any opinions, experiences would be appreciated. No spam please.
    Tillies

tillies, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    It depends on your vendor. It can take that long; and they may be saying this as policy; trying to cover bases if anything goes wrong, and depending on what they need from you. If the cert hasn't expired; go ahead and do it now. Best practice is to take care of it before the cert expires.

When I renewed mine; it took all of 2 hours I think. But I have seen it take longer.

flawebworks, Dec 7, 2004 IP