1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Squidoo Lense- Increase Your Backlinks with dofollow links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bluchi, May 1, 2008.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why not do it all? I try to. Those are quality backlinks to about 140 inner pages from the Squidoo lens. Getting "deep links" is an important part of off-page SE Optimization.

Jim4767, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why I asked somebody who already has a reputation there to build them for me...

mg1313, May 2, 2008 IP
  3. Breakaway11

Breakaway11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The hub pages for mg1313's have dofollow links on them.....

Breakaway11, May 2, 2008 IP
  4. HubPages

HubPages Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'm the Community Moderator over at HubPages. This is a common misunderstanding, usually circulated among diehard Squidoo fans. We do not apply a nofollow tag to links except in two specific cases:

1) We apply a "nofollow" tag to links in hubs with a score under 50.
    2) We apply a "nofollow" tag to links from hubbers with a personal score under 75.

This is to screen out any blatant spam or users coming in just to drop links without contributing to the community. It's easier than people seem to believe to maintain these two standards, simply by writing original content and sticking to the rules (no outbound links on content duplicated elsewhere, no more than 2 links to a single domain per hub, etc).

In actual fact, our nofollow policy helps, rather than hurts, our users, because we aren't bleeding authority to useless, spammy websites, passing more page rank to the links that dofollow.

I encourage you all to come over to HubPages and give it a try yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how quickly your hubs are indexed, as well as the boost our backlinks give your site.

All the best in your online endeavors,

Maddie Ruud
    HubPages.com

HubPages, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. bluchi

bluchi Peon

Best Answers:
    honestly, squidoo makes sense. it was trusted and proven. not only squidoo rank well and give you backlinks but it helps you earn money. Infact, i earn money $80 a month from their sell stuff like ebay, amazon and cafepress.

Squidoo pages can be easily managed and can customized the pages with their various modules.

Try it now, it helps you a lot.

bluchi, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. puti1

puti1 Member

Best Answers:
    I just started using squidoo few days ago. Anyway, do you guys create lots of lenses and then link to your sites?
    So far, i thought that the perks of using squidoo is to make friends and have them view you lenses. Really didn't know that many of you create several lenses for backlinking purposes....thanks for the tips

puti1, May 3, 2008 IP
  7. bluchi

bluchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, i have already 15 lenses and have links to my websites. It serves dofollow links to your sites as well as friends.

bluchi, May 3, 2008 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice going! 15 lenses. I don't have time to get involved with the social bookmarking "friends", but I do treasure the dofollow deep links Squidoo provides.

Jim4767, May 3, 2008 IP
  9. bluchi

bluchi Peon

Best Answers:
  10. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good, I guess. A spam site is useless and quality should be the focus...and it seems it is on Hbpages...and Squidoo.

mg1313, May 3, 2008 IP
  11. sanjai2001

sanjai2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up some time back, still not using Squidoo. I think after hearing you people I need to give a try. Thanks guys

sanjai2001, May 3, 2008 IP
  12. puti1

puti1 Member

Best Answers:
    I have one question. Assuming the len is new in squidoo, with no PR rank at all, will that still helps when you have a link back to your website? I am thinking of following the footsteps of those who had done it. But at this point, i am a little doubtful if it will really pays off.

Any comments?

thanks

puti1, May 3, 2008 IP
  13. bluchi

bluchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, because squidoo create dofollow links.dofollow link allow SERP to spider your links that can increase your search engine ranking for any of your specific keyword you may wish to.
    but its a big difference if your lense establish already. there are lots of way you can optimize your lense by taking the opportunity to bookmark in (digg,technorati,twitter,lenseroll), blog comments, join group in squidoo, Squiduu Forum as well as making your lense useful to readers.

bluchi, May 3, 2008 IP
  14. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it allowed to have deeplinks on Squidoo?

I like your policy. Are all submitted articles automatically followed once the minimum score is achieved or only the newly submitted articles? Is it allowed to have deeplinks on HubPages?

LawnchairLarry, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes - you can link to any pages you want from your lens.

Cryogenius, May 4, 2008 IP
  16. bluchi

bluchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Deeplinks in squidoo are welcome. Try it now..

bluchi, May 4, 2008 IP
  17. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not convinced by Squidoo, just find good blogs instead, they'll be read more

lightlysalted, May 4, 2008 IP
  18. archetekt

archetekt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo tips:
    Use keywords in url and all module titles and bold main keywords in bio or somewhere on lens once.
    Use high search Low comp tags- use all 40
    Add unique content frequently-Have at least 2 text modules with 400+ words
    Use a guestbook , poll module, ebay and amazon modules.
    Add a few outbound links to related websites.
    Add lens to groups and comment on other lens in that group and leave link back.
    Comment on the lens of the day and make a link to your lens(if allowed, some lensmasters
    disallow html in comments, check if others have links, if not yours probably will be stripped out
    or disapproved)
    Favorite your lens and lensroll it to your other lens if in same category.
    Put your lens link in your signature on forum postings.
    Publish a ezinearticles with resource box link to your lens.
    Ranking exchanges are against Squidoo TOS so don't.

When someone comments on my lens I go comment and thanks them for visiting and rank theirs.
    Make a geo targeted lens for for a local business, it could be #1 in Google in 3 days or less if
    you use the right keywords.

At least twice a week edit and publish lens.

archetekt, May 4, 2008 IP
    LawnchairLarry likes this.
  19. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yep, squidoo still works but lot of spammers abusing the system too much for which i get a feeling that it will not be dofollow for long. hope it stays dofollow for a while tho as i just started getting into this lately

sultanofseo, May 4, 2008 IP
  20. HubPages

HubPages Peon

Best Answers:
    All links are followed in hubs that meet the requirements, no matter how long they've been published.

Deeplinks are absolutely allowed, but we don't permit more than 2 links to a single domain in one hub, and only when the hub contains content unique to HubPages.

I hope I've answered your questions. For more information, feel free to visit the FAQ section at HubPages, and check out the forums there. In the "Need Help?" forum, you'll see a sticky with common questions at the top there, as well.

HubPages, May 5, 2008 IP
    Reprobate likes this.