1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SQL Help!

Discussion in 'C#' started by JEP_Dude, Aug 3, 2009.

Hey there ....

The Situation:
    I'm trying to design my first web site. I want it to display a lot of information simultaneously. I'll use internet to gather the info'. That's not a problem. Neither is generating statistics of each. I can do that part. I think I need to save this info' with SQL. Now that's the problem!

The Problem:
    I'm VERY new with SQL. So, I need to store the info' in a DB so ASP.Net can display it for the world to view. I'm told the a flat file isn't a good idea because when to many visitors view the site, many will receive blank screens.

The Solution:
    I have an older book that speaks about SQL. I want to study more of it. However it says that I need to install "Samples and Quickstart Tutorials".

Where can I get it?

May you have a blessed day as the Lord wills.

JEP_Dude, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  2. boomers

boomers Peon

Best Answers:
    From your posts you're not new to .Net, but I believe there are .Net sample projects that include SQL interation at www.asp.net

Take a look for some sample projects, by the looks of it all you want to learn to do is submit and retrieve... so you need to look into the 'SELECT' and 'SUBMIT' statements.

boomers, Aug 3, 2009 IP