1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spyware disabling computer part 2

Discussion in 'Security' started by IamNed, Jul 10, 2006.

Last week my computer came under a spyware attack. I preceeded to install two spyware removal programs-spybot and adaware. I removed hundreds of corrept compenents etc but now my computer is completely frozen so my efforts were moot. After I reboot my computer and go to the desktop there are no icons or anything. Just a blank screen. The only way I can access anything is with the ctrl+alt+delete function. it also freezes constantly. Nothing works at all, so my is essentially a paperweight. Off to buy more google stock and possibly a new computer.

IamNed, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  2. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    ran spybot again andcomputer now works OK but this is very annoying...dan spammers are ruining the internet. Probably have to install norton or symantec.

IamNed, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  3. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    netmaster123, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    norton is a pain in the ascii and a HUGE resource hog. I'd avoid it like the spam if I were you.

do you use AV and a firewall of some kind? You've got to be vigilant with that spyware crap.

someone else keeps mentioning this link, looks like another great resource. http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=64&threadid=192397

timsdd, Jul 25, 2006 IP