1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spyware and Adware useragents??

Discussion in 'Security' started by Redleg, Mar 7, 2005.

Hi

I just wondering if any of you know some Spyware and/or Adware useragents like FunWebProducts and Hotbar...

I'm making a small php script that analyzes the user agents of visitors, and displays a small warning if it detects any of those strings, and it would have been nice to add more than just those two.. :)

Thanks.

Redleg, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    FunWebProducts technically isn't spyware, although it's annoying.

It's an idiotic icon system... and if you dig around enough, you will actually find it's a division of AskJeeves.

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Funwebproducts can be a pain to take off someones computer too! They like to download more parts if you don't disconnect first.

debunked, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  4. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I know it's (technically) not spyware, but it's certainly really annoying Adware.. :)

Anyone who knows of any other Spyware/Adware that can be identified by their useragents??

Redleg, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  5. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be careful about "depending" too much on User Agents, since that is, of course, easily spoofed. Heck, there's is probably some Spyware that says it is Googlebot! ;-)

hulkster, Mar 9, 2005 IP