1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Split Testing Facebook Ads.

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by bty2047, Mar 13, 2012.

Hi,

I run several Facebook campaigns and have been trying to determine the most effective method to split-test advertising.

Here is the issue with Facebook Ads which I'd like to get into the open. When running a campaign, the ad with the highest CTR is shown. If you create a new campaign with 10 different ads each targeting a different market group, it appears the ad with the highest CTR is way shown more than the others, to a point where the other ads are not shown at all.

With conversion tracking set-up through Google Analytic's and without an equal amount of traffic per Ad, I cannot determine which has the highest ROI. The URL for all ads are built using the Google URL Builder and information about each ad can be found in Analytics.

My current hypothesis is to create a new campaign for each market group that I am targeting and to split my daily budget by the number of groups. What are your thoughts? Has anybody else run into this issue.

Thanks.

bty2047, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  2. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    High CTR ads are shown the most often because FB assumes them to be the most popular among users. If you're going CPC style, your CPC's should be lower for your higher CTR ads.

I would create three campaigns targeting the three market groups you're going after. In each campaign, build 10 ads. If you have the cash, set your daily budget high (I'm talking $xx,xxx) and pay CLOSE attention so that you don't overspend. Better if you run it through Propser202. Drop the low performing ads (low CTR), and keep 2-3 of the highest performing. Do that for each campaign, and then evaluate which market group generates the highest ROI.

If you need help getting all of this going (the right way), and if you're not using prosper202 (you should be if you're doing FB ads), PM me.

PPCoach, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  3. bty2047

bty2047 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey PPCoach thanks for the tips. I don't have direct access to the site and adding Prosper202 appears to require back-end access. I figure instead of having 1 campaign with 10 ads, I'd split them into 5 different campaigns and start with 2 ads per category. Ad spend will be divided evenly until I can determine which is achieving the highest conversion rate. I just hope one of the two ads does not start being shown excessively before I can draw a conclusion on each ad.
    They need to update the power editor tool because this may be time consuming.

Thanks a lot.

bty2047, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  4. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    You're going to need more than 2 ads per campaign to properly optimize.

PPCoach, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  5. bty2047

bty2047 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ya I was worried about that. I was thinking starting with two and then modifying the best of the two in an ongoing nature. However, I believe you're right more ads would be more useful, and now understand how this may stretch the dollar to a point of uselessness. I'm going to go ahead and put each group into its own campaign today, I'll let you know how the campaign is going at some point.

Thanks. If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to ask.

bty2047, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  6. rimshamalik01

rimshamalik01 Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook is a great source

rimshamalik01, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  7. cram

cram Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried bevomedia? You can rotate landers, offers, geo target, day taget and much more.
    fastest redirects i've ever worked with.

cram, May 24, 2012 IP