1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spend Less Time on Twitter, You Gain More Followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by HomeBlogger, Jun 1, 2009.

1. fisherking

fisherking Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, to a certain extent. However, you have to spend time using the service if you truly expect some sort of benefit from the service. Most people who fall under this category don't have anything useful to offer Twitter / social networking.

fisherking, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  2. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow less people and you get more Followers!

jonathanfigaro, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  3. Animaina 1

Animaina 1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I still don't get the whole twitter thing, I have Tweeted and no one ever replied, Granted I am not a famous person but I understood that the Tweeter thing was about the communication with others. all I have encounted were people trying to up there followings. I have not been there for a while felt like a lamb being lead to slauter. Just my thought. So While this had not worked out for me personally, It has been a gift to others. That's a good thing, not all things are for everyone.
    TTFN ( that would be weird.)

Animaina 1, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  4. HomeBlogger

HomeBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well there are many possibilities.
    - You're talking to some selfish user.
    - You asked about a stupid stuff.
    - Your message didn't reach its target.

HomeBlogger, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  5. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My initial thoughts about twitter were that it just , well, didn't do anything. I mean what could a "status update" do for people, right? Seriously, that's all it is, and I'm still not convinced it's much other than that.

After about a week of putting a script to use, using it to create traffic to a forum (Trivia type stuff), pulling forum rss feeds, and whatnot, I've managed to jump a good bit on twitter, gain a few followers, etc, but I'm still not convinced it's anything more than a 'status update'.

Twitter is a somewhat decent resource for marketing IF you can get the right audience and get those people motivated. It's really not an easy task to pull off, but nothing worth it ever is !

twhiting9275, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  6. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got three sites on Twitter. Two are niche specific and receive my blog posts. Those two sites I've got loads of followers.

My third Twitter site provides information on free stuff. REALLY free stuff. Not the kind you submit your email and then IF you complete jumping through the hoops you get $500. I've gotten free shampoo samples, free cleanser samples and stuff like that. And that's what I tweet about. And that site has less than 100 followers and I can't understand why I don't have more.

dfourss, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  7. HomeBlogger

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Twitter is a service that lets you communicate with other people using up to 140 character messages.

The best way I can describe it is like micro-blogging combined with instant messaging.

You’re not going to “get” it until you try it, so I’ll stop trying to describe how it works and you just go use it.

You can use it to…
    • follow important people in your industry
    • influence your tribe
    • send traffic to your blog or website
    • sell your products and services
    • sell other people’s products and services
    • keep up to date with friends and family
    • participate in the conversation
    • become famous
    and more…

8. HomeBlogger

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Because people think that's only another scams or something of that nature..

9. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have "tried" it (read my post above, please), and I "get" it, but there's really nothing to "get". Twitter is basically a 'status update'. Wooh, cool, like we need another one of those !!!

Exactly!!
    The "free" word has been destroyed online. There is no more "free" concept online, thanks to the idiots that run the "you can get a laptop/ipod/computer/hdtv/insertproducthere for free" sites that basically require you to jump through 5 billion hoops. Nobody wants that any more.

twhiting9275, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  10. sentris

sentris Peon

Best Answers:
    That's interesting.

sentris, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  11. dfourss

Best Answers:
    I hear you....except there IS a site that does just that...most of the 'freebies' are simply the type of offers one would find on a GPT site...those submitters are never going to get anything. And that person has 5K+ followers

So I just don't get it

BTW, this is the type of stuff I post (and, no, these are not an affiliate link)

https://smartsource.wufoo.com/forms/x7x0k1/

http://www.inourtown.com/freegift.html

dfourss, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  12. dfourss

Best Answers:
    And I agree. And that is exactly what I am NOT tweeting about.

So I try to provide a real service and tweet about truly free stuff and I end up on the losing end. :confused:

dfourss, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  13. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe instead of free you could use 'complimentary' or 'sample' or 'trial size' or 'no cost' or 'promotional' or 'must give away' or yanno.. that sort of thing :)

Also, as useless as Twitter may look.. remember MySpace? Who would've thought a low-tech version of Angelfire could've made it in the post-2000 years? lol

GlowStormLion, Jun 4, 2009 IP
    dfourss likes this.
  14. HomeBlogger

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, actually I meant to try it to TRY Twitter as Twitter!
    It's like a micro-blogging, and a useful tool for many stuff. I listed some above in my post!

HomeBlogger, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  15. shan23

shan23 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think twitter is good for teens when they are enthusiastic and the one who are bit older they dont like it much :p

shan23, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  16. dfourss

Best Answers:
    THANK YOU for the idea. Will give it a try. Yes, the word 'Free' has certainly been overworked and these alternates are a great idea.

Thanks again

dfourss, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  17. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    dfourss: You're quite welcome! :) I hope you see an increase from it, I'd be interested to know how that works, just from a linguistics perspective, personally. The other thing I thought of was getting across the message of "I'll give this (insert the blank) to the first (x number) of people who message me!" that kind of stuff where you clearly say what's "required" for the transaction to go down tends to make people less suspicious, in my experience.. the other trick is to get them to think they're getting the better of you and not the other way around :)

Hope your site skyrockets!

GlowStormLion, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  18. mbachase.com

mbachase.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys,
    In order to gain popularity, I recently opened account on twitter, and start posting few messages every week. I am just wondering if anybody knows what are minimum number of messages that I should post to get some sensable outcome from twittering.

Thanks.
    MBAchase.com

mbachase.com, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  19. HomeBlogger

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There isn't an exact number.. But according to some people they said when they tweet alot they don't get followers. I actually post about 1-10 tweets each day and my followers count increases every day!

HomeBlogger, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  20. dfourss

Best Answers:
    Definitely do NOT tweet a lot. I started off that way. I didn't realize what I was really doing (until a friend alerted me to this error) and I lost Followers.

dfourss, Jun 5, 2009 IP