1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spelling of keyword

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ServerUnion, Jun 7, 2005.

This is a good one, hope to hear your opinions!

I have a keyphrase that I will be targeting that has 3 different spellings

"xxxxxxx" <--- google sugests
    "xxx xxxx"
    "xxx-xxxx"

The issue I am having is that the overture results from the DP keyword tool bring back the phrase with the space, even when I search for the word without the space.

What I am wondering is, if I target the google suggested word, will I loose out on overture based traffic?

Thanks for your thought...

ServerUnion, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    "xxx xxxx" and "xxx-xxxx" will be treated identical so don't worry about those.

Overture, in my experience, has a very strange way of displaying KWs. It's not reliable at all. Half of the time they filter phrases on alphabetical order as well whislt I know for fact it's not cart go pedal but pedal go cart for instance.

Best to do is to sign up with the real Wordtracker deal and find out from there what people really search.

T0PS3O, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on the "-" and space aspect. I really need to break down and get wordtracker. I have a list of 20 sites that need development. Have you used the tool and found it useful? How does it rank to webCEO or webPosition Gold? I have used the later 2 and didn't really care for them.

ServerUnion, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Haven't used the two you mention but do use Wordtracker. It gives great insights. Well worth the $100 or whatever it was to sign up (for me).

T0PS3O, Jun 7, 2005 IP