Spelling & Grammar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Keith Taylor

Keith Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was only a pocket dictionary. Didn't hurt too much.

Keith Taylor, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  2. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    mY eNgLish iz soo bAd as am tRyInG to Do SpEak wId rIte wAy, So people have no more confuzed ... HeCk .. Confused :p

Pammer, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  3. jhona

jhona Peon

Best Answers:
    hhmm... well in my part, i was always trying to make my message are in correct spelling.. what i am always afraid of.. is my grammar.. Because i'm not fluent in English. :)

jhona, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  4. Crouton

Crouton Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fan of "internet speak", but content will always outshine style. Someone without a firm grasp of English but with good ideas won't get confused with an English-speaking dumbass. No worries, jhona.

:)

Crouton, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  5. Diablos

Diablos Guest

Best Answers:
    Dude i'm sorry :) I usually have to type these posts fast because my boss prowls but I don't want to let myself off of that hook.

Diablos, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:

hehehe...I understand fully. I used to work in a trucking firm many years ago. The GM decided the company needed the internet and asked me to go out and buy a good PC. Build a web site and then do a presentation in a month's time. Well! I quickly bought a rippin PC for 4 G's and quickly put together a PP in two days. Spent the rest of the month chatting with my friends! :D

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  7. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just think, language is constantly changing and one day all this horrible shorthand will find its way into the dictionary. Yuk.

Trisha, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I heard that someone put together the whole Bible in SMS language. That's hilarious! :D

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  9. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate Internet / chat lingo (shorhand)! I refuse to use it, and find it hard to read others' posts, who DO use it. Sometimes, I really have to study to figure out what is being abbreviated. In my opinion, shorthand has spawned a new generation of misuse of the English language, as children are learning what "LOL" means before they learn their multiplication table. It's sad really.

I have an appreciation for the proper use of the English language - and also how it is (or should be) written.

I don't agree, however, that we are all webmasters. Many of us are, or may consider ourselves webmasters, but I am not one, and I'm sure there are many more like me. I am a businesswoman, though, so I would stress to all DP members, who are also in business for themselves, to use better spelling and grammar - and stop using shorthand. If I sent an order confirmation that said, "THX 4 UR ORDER", I would not be taken seriously. So, I think for those of us in business for ourselves, whether it be Web Design, Marketing, or otherwise, it would be wise to be more PROFESSIONAL in our writing; even if it is just a forum.:)

Tara33, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  10. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    :p
    "Grammer"? You should have "double-ckecked for errors" in your post.:confused:

Tara33, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  11. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What if you are dislecsic and can not read or write , i know my spelling is not the best but that is because i am partly dislecsic, it realy dos my head in when you go to a lot of forums and post and people dont take you as a bussniess man because your spelling is not that good.

just my 2 cents

SKULL, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  12. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by "partly" dyslexic? Are there different designations of the disease? Is your spelling affected more so than your reading?

Tara33, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  13. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I uze dat build n gugl tulbar spelcheka al da tme b4 makin postin... Red meanz its al rite, rite?

mightyb, Aug 31, 2006 IP