1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Speedy Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by DarrenC, May 20, 2005.

Anyone else noticed that Yahoo seems to be getting quicker at indexing your sites pages? I've just noticed tonight that nearly all of my pages are in the Yahoo! index, not sure how they are performing.. that's for another day!

Darren

DarrenC, May 20, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a new section last night and it was listed when I woke up. Very impressive.

Design Agent, May 20, 2005 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yes. Actually I would say both Yahoo and MSN are the first/quickest out there lately. Though traffic wise, even with high ranking kw's in Yahoo, the brunt of the heavy traffic comes from MSN and Google when it comes to converting on high kw rank on a SE.

YMMV...

Mia, May 20, 2005 IP
  5. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Slurp visits everyday and new pages are typically indexed within about 24 hours.

Although Gbot visits daily, I can wait sometimes a week before the new page is indexed, and normally it seems to take 4 or more weeks before the entire page is fully analyzed.

By that I mean that keywords near the middle of the page take about 2 weeks, and kws near the bottom take about 4 weeks.

longcall911, May 27, 2005 IP
  6. daGenius

daGenius Peon

Best Answers:
    As of all Bots Yahoo!Slurp taken 70% of visits to my site (google only 8%). But yahoo sent me only 10% visitors of all search engines (google 70%!). That's mean yahoo crawling good but sent only few visitors. these was my stats.

daGenius, May 27, 2005 IP
  7. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a similar stat to most people I think (if your serps run across all engines)

Design Agent, May 27, 2005 IP