1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Speeding up website for better rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Letzride, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Letzride

Letzride Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is it is setup, but I am still running slowly and I have gone from 1000-1200 page views a day to 300-400. I want to correct this.
    SEMrush

Letzride, Feb 6, 2019 IP
  2. Letzride

Letzride Member

Best Answers:
    Is there some kind of script I can add to the head / body / footer of my site to load the entire contents of the page, but then load the adsense ads up last?

Letzride, Feb 15, 2019 at 1:19 PM IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The main reason you are running so slow is all of the bloated code that you have.

You are loading 23, yes 23, javascript files. That is a lot of code you are loading, and much of the code is DUPLICATED in every file. Further, dimes to dollars, I bet that 90% of the code is NOT EVEN USED. Bottom line is there is NO reason to have over 2 javascript files with UNIQUE code in each one.

Further, you are loading 5 CSS files and should never need more than one.

Every file you load requires additional handshaking time as well as loading time. Why load code that is never used? Why load the same code over and over again?

I also noted that you are having problems with your menu on mobile because of javascript issues with your menu. What about the mobile users (and desktop for that matter) that TURN JAVASCRIPT OFF for security reasons or simply because of cost? If your site will not work with javascript off, your bounce rate will be high simply because your site is NOT USABLE.

Finally, your front page (and probably all pages) are full of errors >>> https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://highperformancejunkies.com/. Errors cause all kinds of problems particularly with the indexing bots. When they hit errors, those bots will often QUIT indexing a page. If you are not getting indexed, you will not be found when people search using tags relevant to your topic. And if you can't be found, your visitation numbers will suffer.

I also notice that your page contains NO TITLE. One thing that means is people will not bookmark your site. Another thing it means that if someone does find the page via search, they may ignore it because they have no clue whether your site is spam or a real site that the visitor is looking for. It also means that the indexing bots may stop indexing your page since there is no title to display on the search results pages.

mmerlinn, Feb 15, 2019 at 7:46 PM IP