1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Specifying Different Ad Areas on same page?

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by JoebeeKenobi, Dec 21, 2010.

Is it possible to have more than one ad format on a page and sell these seperately? I see no Ad Id or unique identifier in the code for the ads so I'm assuming if you place more than one Ad format to a single page any advertiser would end up being displayed in all the ad areas at the same time?

What if I wanted to place two 468x60 banners on the same page and sell them seperately? is it possible?

Thanks

Joe

JoebeeKenobi, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A single advertiser would never compete against themselves for ad space, so the system prevents one advertiser buying multiple ads on a single page.

digitalpoint, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  3. JoebeeKenobi

JoebeeKenobi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply Shawn...

If I place 2 same sized banners on the page how does the system know which is which since the code for each banner appears identical? Obviously there is more value for an ad appearing at the top of the page than at the bottom so an advertiser wouldn't want to pay as much for an ad appearing below the fold as opposed to an ad appearing at the top.

Heres a sceneario: I create two 468x60 ad formats. One called "High Postition Ad" one called "Low Position Ad". I place the code for one at the top of my page and the code for the other low down. Can advertisers therefore bid on each ad seperately? or will ads simply be rotated between the top and bottom position...

Thanks mate

Joe

JoebeeKenobi, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If a single page has more than one ad on it, it simply randomizes the position for each ad. So no, currently you aren't able to get that granular as far as specifying a specific ad on a specific page.

digitalpoint, Dec 22, 2010 IP