1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spamming in url link....

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by NewComputer, Jun 22, 2004.

If you have a domain (www.your-domain-here.com) and you are going to use third levels for a few pages, can it cost you in the SERPs if you use the domain again. Here is my example. I am now building out www.real-estate-training.ca. I am planning to use third levels for a few of the pages. Now, I was going to use real-estate-training-products.real-estate-training.ca. I have heard this is good and bad both at the same time. I would like you to opine on this if you would not mind. What should i make the domains look like?

NewComputer, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it's just like anything else, fine to do, as long as you don't get excessive with it. This forum is a 3rd level domain, itself, but I don't go making every page a separate domain for example.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I hate urls with hypens in them. They don't seem as professional. With your listed subdomain, you will be lucky if anybody ever visits it directly.

Help Desk, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  4. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi

"real-estate-training-products.real-estate-training.ca/trainingpage.htm"
    bit of a mouthfull - don't you think so?

Most visitors seeing such a link would probably think thats the content and so may SE's

I use subd's sometimes to logically structure - like shop.com and producttypea.shop.com which contains the all the blurb or like Shawn pointed out forum.domain.com

Again I use this when an area is significantly different from the mainstream domain and may develop seperately.

These are domains in their own right and should be distinctive enough to not attract dupli filters etc. and for linking / interlinking should have weight enough to make sense.

M

expat, Jun 22, 2004 IP