1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spam flagging is Illegal--- heres why

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eautocad, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Well as you know, there is some laws getting tossed around in the USA that protect posts on forums, threads, etc--- whatever--- under FREEDOM OF SPEECH !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

"Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation."

1st amendment bitches. Yes I said bitches because I have the right to do so.

That means, the rediculous amount of moderation some of us experience, will be going away. By not allowing someone to publish their opinion, voice, message, whatever----- it is violating the "right to free speech" here in the USA

I've been doing this forum thing for some time, and it seems to me that people like to "get off" on over moderating. Even on this forum, I have some RIDICULOUS infractions that were just obvious attempts to deny my freedom of speech. This forum however, is generally less moderated than others.

By forum admins moderating messages, whether they deem them SPAM, or whatever, is still against my right to have the freedom of speech.

They say SPAM is harmful to websites, which that is fine. But you need to watch what you call "Spam"--- true spam is created by a computer and is submitted multiple times to render a site useless, or to take away from it's use.

So by posting simple messages about your business, service, etc-- that is NOT spam by any means as long as it is published in a reasonable manner, not repeat-posted. Whatever happen to advertising on a budget??? SO just because I dont have millions of dollars to spend on "Main stream" advertising companies, I am not allowed to "advertise" my business????

This nazi-fashism tactics from the admins of forums to keep quite about websites feature product and services is completely against the Constitution of the USA and is actually defeating small business growth all around the world. Small businesses like myself and you probably, cannot afford mainstream advertising. So the "system" holds us back" by calling it spam, which keeps more traffic to the websites "in power" and less to those on the rise. Call it monopoly, digital tyranny, whatever.. It's wrong and it will stop, and the USA is going to be the one to slam the gavel.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS JUST THAT---- I HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST THIS THREAD------

I have the right to say I do NOT support OBAMA.. I have the right to say MCCAIN is a dinosaur and I do not support him either. I have the right to say marijuana should be legalized. I have the right to accuse anyone of being a terrorist. I have the right to NOT vote. I have the right to say your religion sucks and that mine is better. I can say whatever I want, because of the first amendment as long as it is not hate speech or slanderous.

I also have the right to be silent.

I also have the right to seek attorney, to protect my right to the freedom of speech, as protected by the 1st amendment.

:cool:

eautocad, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  2. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    well i have the right to call you a spammer then and im sure DP has the right to ban you

pixeladd, Sep 24, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It is a privilege to be a member, not a right, to be a member you obey the rules as everyone else. There is no exception. But you have the right not to be a member just do not login.

wisdomtool, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As wisdomtool stated, you have no "right" to be a member of a community which constitutes private property. Free speech rights do not generally extend to private property (the same reason shopping centers in many states will bar protesting on their property). You do NOT have the "right" to post anything your little heart desires in a community belonging to someone else. You DO have the right to speak far more freely on your own sites.

jhmattern, Sep 24, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.