1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spam Fighter (Like MakeLoveNotSpam)

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by poit, Mar 9, 2005.

Check this out, Network Punk has released a new script/prog like Make Love Not Spam. It's called Fraud Fighter and it's aim is to fight spam,spyware and fraud by increasing the costs of running these website by continually requesting data from them.

Basically what they have done is made a small JavaScript include that anyone can add to their website so that every visitor to their site helps in the fight against spam.

I think it's a great idea although it might not be ethical (for some people) I can't see it being illegal. Some have argued that what Network Punk and MakeLoveNotSpam have done is create DDoS attacks but this is not true because they are not denying anyone access to a service they are simply creating traffic that is unwanted. It was said that MakeLoveNotSpam did take down 2 websites but this was never confirmed. It was said that they might of gone down because of MakeLoveNotSpam but infact I would say that the spammers took the sites down so it didn't cost them money. And that would mean it was successful in its goal.

Anyway the URL to FraudFighter is http://FraudFighter.NetworkPunk.com

poit, Mar 9, 2005 IP