1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Southern Hemisphere DP members

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sholva, Sep 24, 2004.

Hi I'm just curious how many members (well active posters) live in the southern hemisphere. You know the part of the world "below" the equator ;)

Already noticed a couple of you, just wondering if theres many more.

Oh, and yay for spring and that summer will be here eventually (well for some of us down here anyway). I'm looking forward to a sunny christmas :p

Sholva, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Oh go on be brave say it....DownUnder or DU for short

Sort of rhymes with DP

Foxy, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  3. Sholva

Sholva Peon

Best Answers:
    Down Under always reminds me of that song by Men at Work, the kinda stuff they play on Classic Hits radio etc.
    Not saying that I don't like some of the oldies.

For some reason people (not from down under) think of Australia straight away.

There is more to the southern hemisphere than Australia though, people from South America and so on probably are thinking that I've forgotten about all those other places in the South. Don't worry I was referring to you guys as well.

And a big shout out to lil' tux down in Antarctica. ;)

Sholva, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  4. jarvi

jarvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm from downunder. I think it does tend to mean Australia to most parts of the northern hemisphere, although happy to be proven wrong.

What annoys me is that so much of the business world is based in the northern hemisphere and the emails wishing me a happy summer in June/July just show ignorance in the global economy that we operate now.

My only way around it is to start reminding them at this time of the year that we are just starting to get wonderful spring weather (ok a bit of an untruth as it's still a bit cold here in Melbourne) and the north is on the downhill slide.

jarvi, Sep 29, 2004 IP