1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

South Florida Hurricane

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eric Bland, Sep 13, 2004.

The last hurricane here casued some craziness for a week or so. No power, cable, telephones, trees down everywhere, businesses closed, ect.. Everything is back to normal now though, until the next one comes around.

Eric Bland, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    well, have you started to live in cellars? We in Europe only ever see the pictures of a gigantic tip with lots of concerned people milling around. Must play havoc with your tourist industry.
    M

expat, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  3. Eric Bland

Eric Bland Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes no vacations into a hurricane zone.

Eric Bland, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  4. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    hey maybe we should lay one a special.....
    ...strong wind cruises...vacation inside a hoover....celeb visit guaranteed....
    M

expat, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    This new one that is coming toward the city of Mobile, AL right now is worse than the one that hit you guys.

155 mph winds, they said it would roll over Panama City Beach, FL but looks to be going west to New Orleans.

You never know what direction they will take in the last hours.

Glad you are all right Eric, welcome back to DP, hope you are able to rebuild things.

anthonycea, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope Ivan fizzles out or misses everyone. Stay safe all!

5starAffiliates, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  7. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you lived in Florida for a long time? I ask because I'm curious how often you have to put up with hurricanes. Seems pretty frequent to me...

Good to hear you're okay.

jebby, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Can't be any worse than what they are predicting will happen to New Orleans in a direct hit.

I do not want to panic anyone, but if you live in New Orleans, get the hell out right now!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040915/ap_on_re_us/vulnerable_new_orleans_2

Jebby, I have lived in Florida off and on since 1994, the good thing about living in the panhandle is I am only 60 miles from Alabama, so I can get the hell out in a hurry.

If I had to I can go east, north or west, in this case the best way to go right now is east to Jacksonville if I had to leave.

If one waits until the last minute to leave you could get stranded on the highway with no gas. No fuel is available in parts of Florida right now.

anthonycea, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  9. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    I was born and raised here. I don't remember this many hurricanes since I was a child, back when they were fun and the grownups had to do all the work.

flawebworks, Sep 14, 2004 IP