1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Source of submit influence on Sandbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by oshatz, Sep 1, 2004.

Hi,

Is there a difference in the duration of the sandbox effect based on where the new site was submitted? Is there a difference if the first link to the new site came from the add url page in Google, a regular site or DMOZ?

Just wondering...

oshatz, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody understands the "sandbox effect" for sure. There is no way in the world anyone has an answer to that detailed question.

compar, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    the "submit site" form for google is completely useless. if you submit and there aren't links elsewhere, you won't be added. if there are links elsewhere, you don't need to submit.

my guess would be that it has absolutely no impact at all.

disgust, Sep 2, 2004 IP
    debunked likes this.
  4. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Tauren - often, there are sites and pages that get added (much to the dismay of people who think their page is 'hidden') simply because the site as a whole is linked. I've also had exeperiences with sites that will not get added (with repeated attempts submitting the URL to G) until other links are set up. This is where a good blog can come in handy.

TopSpin, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  5. fluke

fluke Guest

Best Answers:
    just to add a comment to the last couple of posts - although it may be generally true that you won't get added to google if you have no incoming links i don't think it is always the case - my last site "submitted" to google had no links for a month and yet it was spidered the night i submitted and included in the index 3 days later. (it didn't drop out of the index either)

fluke, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  6. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    well, keep in mind that we don't VISIBLE links- ie ones displaying with a link: search. we just mean that you need SOME page that's in google's index to link to you, and you'll be added (even if it isn't displayed as a backlink).

disgust, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Going back to the sandbox effect - here is my personal observation and belief.

1. Google like fresh content - ad new pages (already indexed site or new site linked to by other site already indexed.) and be placed in the top of serps/
    2. as content becomes older it now is placed into normal google algorithm and can slip to the back as necessary
    3. now as site ages and builds backlinks and content the pages can climb back up the serps.

moral of this story - add fresh content more often to keep some pages at top while bringing older pages back to the top.

debunked, Sep 2, 2004 IP