1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Source Code of OS

Discussion in 'Programming' started by MaxTitan, Oct 19, 2016.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am curious, is there a way to hack into the main frame of my windows and mess around with the way the OS looks? For instance changing my start menu icon/changing the theme to something that has a neon look and glow since these things are not part of the system. I just figured I'd ask cause windows OS may be easier to get into and mess with then a mac. Anyways, this could be a stupid question for most.

Peace.

MaxTitan, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You know that you don't need to mess with the core OS code to do this, right? This is why we have things like Rainmeter, and hundreds, if not thousands of other theme/UI-changers.

And yes, everything is possible, but reverse-engineering the core OS-code will be time-consuming, difficult, and a job for a skilled programmer - which you, most likely, isn't (because if you were, you wouldn't be asking this question).

PoPSiCLe, Oct 19, 2016 IP