1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sonia Sotomayor Overturned By US Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, May 27, 2009.

bogart, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If she is confirmed, I doubt it. She might even persuade the other judges to be more open minded.

Peace,

Barti1987, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh lordy. Silly right wingers shooting at everything that moves again! Get your facts straight buddy! The Supreme Court overturns 75% of the cases they take. Those that are the ones they tend to take on in the first place! The other 99% they don't bother with.

So that means that her 40% success rate is actually above the 25% average.

And by the way Alito was shot down on both of his. 0% for Alito!

Want to try again buddy? Aww. So cute watching you guys flounder! Looking for anything you can lay your hands on. Ha! It's hilarious actually. I'm really starting to get to the point where it's just damn humorous.

Zibblu, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean to have more empathy and rely less on the US Constitution. :eek:

bogart, May 27, 2009 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    What a hoot!

:)

Zibblu, May 27, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The constitution is an outdated document whose concepts have seen their day. Its time we move on.

Obamanation, May 28, 2009 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I know you are just playing your role in this little game, but I don't know how you can even live with yourself typing shit like that.

browntwn, May 28, 2009 IP
  8. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest , I haven't read it completely, ever.

Here's the constitution-indexed...
    http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst.html

What part is outdated?

rharper, May 28, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm not the only person who feels the constitution is an outdated document. So does our president. The way you get a supreme court to stop overturning rulings as "unconstitutional" is to promote people creating those rulings to the high court. Obama has never described "a strong constitutionalist" as one of his criterion for a high court appointment. Anyone who thinks social justice is not more important to him is smoking crack. This is exactly the kind of change we need in America.

By the way, this is not unprecedented. We managed to amend the constitution for a federal income tax after the document clearly stated "no direct tax". There are other examples, but the point is, progress is progress and change is necessary. It is what we voted for.

10. Unknown03

Unknown03 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no words for these kinds of treasonous/tyrannical statements

Unknown03, May 28, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where can I find Sonia Sotomayor nude photos? I have a few of Pelosi that I can trade you. :D

bogart, May 28, 2009 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    oooooooo...... I'll have to check on that.

13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    S.Lo. - "Sonia from the Block"

bogart, May 28, 2009 IP
  14. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    Question: What would you (or your President) add or subtract from the so-called "outdated document" - the constitution?

rharper, May 28, 2009 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Add - entitlements. The right to healthcare, the right to marry regardless of sexual orientation, the right to citizenship if you are already in this country, and a few others.

Subtract - The right to bear arms as an individual right. Guns and conservatives are what is wrong with this country.

16. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what bothers me so much about your posts. But I find them uniquely annoying and irritating.

browntwn, May 28, 2009 IP
  17. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great comment which was directed at that moron known to one and all as abomination.

Seriously, maybe it was him..but some other moronic example of the far right did the same thing here a while ago trying to act as a person from the left/center..when it was a fool in sheep's clothing from the far extreme and radical minority far right.

The comments from these guys represent dreamland.

These guys represent an ever shrinking minority of far right extremists. They have a hard time coping with reality. Their comments totally misreflect reality. They have a hard time coping with the fact that their bloated comments and extremism drove millions of people out of the republican party...drove millions to vote for democrats who now control, not just the presidency but the house of representatives, and the senate by large numbers, let alone state houses across the country.

Despite their moronic actions and commentary....and the utter buffoonery of trying to act like a representative of the center/left.....that poor example of a human= obamination...they keep playing the same stupid games....and people keep abandoning the political party that they purportedly represent....formerly known as the GOP or Republicans...but now dominated by an overly loud extremist minority.

Go on...attack Sotomayor. Some analysts see a jurist with leanings toward the left and leanings toward the center. They see someone who has defended business in certain regards and see someone who has defended the pro life movement in certain regards.

Meanwhile....with their crazy comments...ever more Hispanic and female Americans have to consider that these maniac loudmouthed representatives of a shrill but shrinking minority basically don't accept these populations as true Americans.

Nice statement, Browntwn.

earlpearl, May 28, 2009 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Strong words from a Bush lover. Don't hate me because I'm liberal. I'm so used to these hateful attacks from the right, it doesn't even phase me these days. The rest of your post isn't worthy of quotation, except for:
    You see, that is a statement I can get behind. Anyone who questions Obama's choice for the supreme court for any reason at all is obviously a racist and misogynist. I think you throw statements like that to hide your love for George W. Bush.

@Browntwn: I have no idea why you find my posts irritating. People have psychological hangups about all sorts of things. Some people cant handle crowds, while others cant handle looking at themselves in the mirror. Perhaps you should see a shrink.

19. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Growing the Republican party doesn't always pay dividends. John Paul Stevens, David Souter, and Harry Blackmun were all closet liberals.

President Ford - John Paul Stevens
    President George H.W. Bush - David Souter
    President Nixon - Harry Blackmun

bogart, May 28, 2009 IP
  20. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you'll like the Canadian amended constitution of 1982.
    http://www.solon.org/Constitutions/Canada/English/ca_1982.html

Responses to entitlements... The right to healthcare,,, medicare, medicaid, CHiP. The right isn't the issue, it's the PRICE.

The right to marry regardless of sexual orientation,,,
    Yes, this has gained popularity, lately. We'll see when
    the divorces start

The right to citizenship if you are already in this country... Yes, you have this right. Streamline and simplify the immigration process.

rharper, May 28, 2009 IP