1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sometimes AdultFriendFinder Site opens up instead of my Site.

Discussion in 'Security' started by shawnecstacy, Jul 20, 2008.

Although this happens very rare but it happens. Sometimes when i open up my site instead of it the site called adultfriendfinder opens up.

This happened with me 5 or 6 times since last 6 months. The crazy thing is that many times it opened when i was checking my site for some search keyword and i clicked my site from the google search result adultfriendfinder/com opened up instead of my site.

I always thought that its because of some spyware or adware in my browser or PC. But each and every anti-spy-adware shown my system clean. Today i was stunned when one of friend who lives far away from me ask me that why do u put adult ads at night... I was shocked and asked him why did he asked... he told me the same thing that one day when he opened my site it redirected to adultfriendfinder/com ...

Now actually its a blogger blog and i hv double checked the HTML for any script there.

The ads I am using are Adsense, Komli , DGM(affiliate) which i think are clean ad systems.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening as now I am worried as may be many other visitors are also been redirecting to that adult site from the google search results page..?

shawnecstacy, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  2. JamesDoe

JamesDoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any banners or any 3rd party banner program on your site ?

JamesDoe, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  3. shawnecstacy

shawnecstacy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes ..
    1)adsense
    2)dgm- affiliate banner
    3)komli(ppc- i use only popup)

these are all safe ad systems.. i have talked with DGM and Komli ad system and they said there ad codes are safe.. ofcourse these are big online ad marketing companies, so we can trust on them.

Application :

1)statcounter
    2)free online user script from freeonlineusers/com
    3)web page counter script from webpagecounter.org

i just search on google about this stuff and found that I am not the one who is suffering .. Its called Blogger Spam redirect. I am checking again my XML code properly and checking code of each and every widget..

shawnecstacy, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  4. UseShots

UseShots Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like "search traffic hijacking". Hackers inject scripts that check the referer, and if it's Google, Yahoo or any other major search engine, the visitor will be automatically redirected to a third-party site. The scripts usually check if the visitor has the site's cookies and redirect only those that don't have the cookies. This make it difficult to detect for the site owners whose browsers usually have the site cookies.

UseShots, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  5. Yousif

Yousif Banned

Best Answers:
    Alright, you're telling us this happens when you visit your website. How about you link us to your website and we'll see if any of us have the same problem-- then we'll go on from there?

Yousif, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sounds like spyware.

dcristo, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  7. shawnecstacy

shawnecstacy Peon

Best Answers:
    @ UseShots
    Exactly this is happening.. This happens only with google search results.

@Yousif
    Basically i get quite a good traffic from search engines, so i guess this doesn't happens with everyone. so u may or may not redirect to that spam site. my site is scrapslive/com

shawnecstacy, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  8. Yousif

Yousif Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I figured it out. Simple review told me that it's just that you are using a shitty browser. Get Firefox. It stops most of these lame pop-ups. Your website is communicating with third party cookies which enable those ad pop-ups. It's not an issue though, just don't use IE. Get Firefox.

Yousif, Jul 21, 2008 IP