1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Something New about Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Mar 16, 2009.

1. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Birth Cirtificate is a HUGE issue when your talking about the eligibilty of a person to perform duty's as President. Considering there is a constitutional mandate drawing out the requirements to be president, and during the campaign congress required McCain to produce his.

Keep listening to that media of yours, they'll tell you what you need to know.

There is no change. He is spending huge amounts of money we don't have, contrary to what he said. There are still earmarked money in the bills passed by congress, contrary to what he said. There are still WAshington insiders in his cabinet, contrary to what he said. His Treasury Secretary is a Tax Evador, thats awesome right there. Not to mention all his nominations of tax evadors.

How do you get not spending money on the military is a good thing? It does need to be lowered, once the wars are over there is no reason to keep spending the same amount of money. But, putting money into the military helps contractors, which helps the economy. You really need to study where the military gets their hardware from. You also have to pay their paychecks. But hey, they don't need to make the same amount as a regular person do they? I mean, they're all just stupid rednecks that elected to do something you have no balls to do. And that is risk their life for other people.

Liberals disgust me with their narrow minded views, lack of facts, and just overall horrible work ethic.

And if Obama wants to invest in the future, it would make a lot more sense to have a military. Without a military, we will loose everything from an invation. But, if you want to learn to speak another language and be part of another country, have at it.

Obama is just a puppet. He has great charisma, but, no integrity.

And this stimulus package that you find so great. The consumer, you, me, everyone, you want to know what we get out of it? And extra 12 bucks a paycheck. lol. What are you goin to do with your $12?

hostlonestar, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  2. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer to that riddle is easy, George W. Bush!

IC_IC, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yet another completely unsubstantiated statement from IC_IC. More proof that some Liberals are just mindless puppets.

IC_IC, wouldn't you say that the most inept, inexperienced and unqualified person to ever serve as President of The United States was Zachary Taylor? Or didn't you bother to look that up.

Remember the strong economy during the six years when Bush was President and the Republicans controlled Congress? Remember when the economy started to tank when the Democrats took over Congress?

BTW, well said, hostlonestar!

Corwin, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    *sigh* are the loonies seriously still talking about the birth certificate thing? my lord. Do you realize that Obama's birth was announced in two newspapers the week after he was born in Hawaii? How many of us can say the same? It's funny to me because there's actually far more proof of his American birth than there is for most people.

It's also funny to me because it's such a silly silly issue anyway. His mother was an American citizen, thus he is an American citizen. End of story.

But really, keep up with it: Because it just makes those that keep talking about it look like lunatics. Now it's a reputation that anti-Obama people have. Most anti-Obama people seem to be totally out to lunch Alex Jones watchin' loonies.

Zibblu, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  5. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    At least he is constitutionally eligible to be a president, unlike your Messiah.

hostlonestar, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  6. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy crap I've scared everyone away with my facts :eek:. Another new thing I saw on the news about an hour ago, he's looking at spending another 250 billion. Jesus. When will the spending end?

hostlonestar, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  7. Bakai

Bakai Guest

Best Answers:
    Obama can't speak for himself and needs a telepromter. Only proves affirmative action does not work. Give this buffoon a cue card and he would sell his African mother to the devil.

Bakai, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Please keep it up, it just makes you guys all look like loonies when you keep on going on about the birth certificate nonsense. You do realize that if you held most people to the standards that you hold Obama to regarding his birth certificate that only about 10% of Americans would be eligible to be President, right? I know I wouldn't. I didn't get my birth certificate until I was four years old actually.

Remember, Obama's birth was announced in TWO local newspapers within a week of his birth. Think about that. How many of us can say the same? If anything, there's MORE proof of Obama's American birth than there is for most Americans.

On top of that, the whole thing is a silly game anyway because his mother was an American citizen. Even if he wasn't born in America that shouldn't really matter. McCain wasn't born in America, btw. It's a technicality.

As far as the spending. I didn't hear much in the way of complaints from right wingers on spending when it was Bush expanding the deficit. Remember Clinton had balanced the budget when he left.

Christ. All modern Presidents (including Ronald Reagan) have used teleprompters. The only difference between Obama's use of the teleprompter and George W. Bush's is that Obama can actually read his.

Zibblu, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I completely disagree with the "far more proof" about Obama's proof of American birth. I'd say he has just as much proof as the average American that he was born in United States territory and leave it at that. In my opinion, Obama meets the citizenship requirements for American President.

On a more practical note - say some completely improbable evidence came up that proved that Obama was not born in the USA. It would not go anywhere because of the unanswerable Constitutional questions it would raise. Was the election invalid? if so, what is the status of the Vice President - is he gone as well? Can a Presidential election really be annulled?

Believe me, no one wants that debate.

Sort of like... oh, let's say that during a time of war, the sitting President had a stroke, and the left side of his body would shake and he wasn't himself afterwards, and ended up doing outrageous things like slur his speech and, oh, nominate his personal attorney for the Supreme Court, and refused to resign. The Democrats wouldn't impeach him - not just because of the Constitutional question of whether he really was fit or not, but the Dems would appear cruel to the handicapped.

Corwin, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look, you may not his politics - and I don't like his plans for the economy at all - but he IS the President of the United States and he deserves to be referred to with a certain amount of respect. Comments like the above are out of line.

Corwin, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. Wrong again.

The difference is that Obama does not rely on his teleprompter, he DEPENDS upon his teleprompter. It's the difference between either using a cane, or needing a wheelchair.

Corwin, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, just ask these guys a simple question... All the teleprompter nonsense aside, do they really think Obama is not an intelligent person? Because let's put it all out in the open.... that's what they're getting at aren't they?

You see when you force people to get to the root of what they're trying to say, pretentious nonsense falls by the wayside and they have no choice but to answer honestly and decisively..... And at that point they either realize their argument is baseless, or they convince themselves they have a point no matter how absurd.

It's like that whole birth certificate thread where I went round and round with those crazies until in the end they couldn't even bring themselves to say that they truly believe he was not a natural born citizen. So in the end their argument was shown to be baseless (so much so that even they themselves didn't really believe it) and their true motives came to light. They simply wanted to cast any doubt they could to stop him from being elected. No matter how far fetched the idea and how far they had to reach.

GeorgeB., Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you haven't seen this thread. It's a whopper of a thread and I really couldn't tell you where to start (page 38 is about where things started to fall apart for them), but the cliff notes are basically a bunch of conservatives running around asking why why why, then running away from any evidence that gets posted. In the end even they themselves wouldn't state that they really believe he is not a natural born citizen. Hilarity ensued :D

GeorgeB., Mar 31, 2009 IP
  14. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    lol I don't have the time, but, I may have to look at it. It's not that I'm doubting he's a natural born citizen. It's the fact that congress made McCain show hiw before the election, despite his service record, etc. But, when anyone brings up equality, i.e. Obama showing his, everyone looks the other way.

The hypocracy of Washington disgusts me. Going both ways.

hostlonestar, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't see how he depends upon it? He uses it for speeches just like other presidents have done. Do you think other politicians memorize their speeches? Well David Patterson of New York does but that's because he's blind. I don't see what the point is of bringing up the fact that he reads his speeches. Of course he did! Those speeches are about 45 minutes long. Why should he memorize it? Why should he suddenly do something that previous Presidents didn't do? It's ridiculous.

And no Obama doesn't use a teleprompter when answering questions or at his town hall meetings or at interviews and to me he is brilliant in those settings.

This is a ridiculous trumped up "issue" that only makes those that press it appear unhinged from reality.

Zibblu, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  16. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    So according to Zibblu it is a non issue right? Well, why is it every one was doggin on Bush about it? Oh, I know, us Texans are stupid because we talk a little slower than everyone else and have this funny accent.

I remember not too long ago everyone was ragging on Bush because he said um a bit. Obama does it to, and now it is a sign of intelligent thinking. I read that on one of the news websites yesterday lol.

It cracks me up that when people talk bad about obama we're horrible people talking bad about the president. But, people were talking bad about bush from the day of his inaugeration. But, thats ok? That makes tons of sense to me. Hypocracy at its core = Democratic Party

hostlonestar, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Nobody dogged on Bush for reading his teleprompter. People dogged on Bush for not being able to read it. Therein lies the rub. The comparison is ludicrous.

That so called "hypocrisy" breaks both ways. It wasn't long ago that the Bush apologists were saying that anyone who questioned the President was an "anti American" --- That doesn't seem to be their tune now.

Zibblu, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  18. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Bush was only unable to speak when he decided to look away from the teleprompter, just like Obama lol. When he was actually looking at it, he could read it.

And I agree about the hypocracy thing though. Modern politics is hilarious if you think about it.

hostlonestar, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  19. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're not talking about 45 minute speeches. We're talking about casual audiences.

This is what happens when Obama's teleprompter goes out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPnVgcvtrs

We're not talking about a 45 minute speech. We're talking about a town hall meeting where even the people that were there say Obama's answers were not off-the-cuff, they were fed to him realtime by teleprompter. The video you see above is Obama WAITING FOR THE TELEPROMPTER TO TELL HIM WHAT TO SAY!

If that's the case, well, we elected the wrong guy! We should have elected the guy that's programming the teleprompter - because he's obviously smarter than Obama, right?

Um, did you notice that the above video is Obama using a teleprompter when answering questions at a townhall meeting, hmmm???

And if he doesn't have his teleprompter, he simply repeats what is being told to him in his earpiece! That's the reason for his "um"s and "ah"s! For cryin' out loud, did Zibblu forget the original topic of this thread? Did he even bother to read the very first post?

Here's a bipartisan example: Both President Reagan and President Clinton were excellent communicators. Neither one used a teleprompter in informal settings. And even during 45 minute speeches, both would riff and go off the teleprompter. They did not DEPEND upon the teleprompter like Obama does. The difference is that both Reagan and Clinton could speak without a teleprompter or an earpiece. Obama clearly can't speak without them.

Corwin, Apr 7, 2009 IP