1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Something Different. Custom Carved Wood Signs (Joomla, Rocket Theme, WP,+) REVIEW

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mjindustry, May 25, 2011.

Nice Carvings Website Review
    My wife and I make Custom Carved Signs, and we sell almost exclusively over the internet. Check out the latest website I have made for the business.

http://www.nicecarvings.com

It is Joomla based on version 1.5 and has a lot of extras. I used a Rocket Theme template which I really like Rocket Theme.

Also, it has a Gallery 2 Bridged with Jfusion. Had a phpbb3 bridged but I got rid of that for a Kunena forum which is currently visable but inoperable due to we think .htaccess problems.

The site also has a Wordpress Blog installed with a premium 'corephp' component. Also, we're using Simple Image Gallery Pro throughout the site.

Home Page Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Integrated Wordpress Component Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

There are many more extra's plugins and components on the site. We would be happy to discuss them here. If you have any questions about anything? Post away...

We are also open to critisism as well. I think that the frontpage is pretty hefty for load time for example. Anything else?

We would also take any advice on SEO. We need help there. Would be willing to trade signs for a good quality SEO service. We need to get to the top for a few key word phases and we aren't anywhere near there currently for any. :(

Attached Files:

mjindustry, May 25, 2011 IP
  2. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site is busy a lot of things right off the start. I know you like the theme but would consider changing it.

SEO -- Problem... your using Joomla to start (its paced together and its messy and to higher someone to do it right... it will cost a lot) I use Joomla on my bottom right link in my sig and im going to change it it takes way to much work to rank with joomla.

I would recommended switching to Wordpress easier and cleaner to start with and after that get a SEO ready template (Pay for it dont get a free one) or get one custom made for your website.

These are just some suggestions off the start and based on my experiences over the past seven years as a web designer.

tigrrra, May 25, 2011 IP
  3. DimaLevitan

DimaLevitan Peon

Best Answers:
    not bed men

DimaLevitan, May 25, 2011 IP
  4. mjindustry

mjindustry Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys! it does need work. It has been completely revised...like MAJORLY! I went from a netobjects fusion site to a full blown Joomla.

Traffic is finally back up but inquiries to traffic ratio is still down slightly on the new site. Kinda disappointing. I think it will come around.

IMO websites are NEVER done...

mjindustry, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  5. njulone

njulone Peon

Best Answers:
    you must often make most article and content. and make backlink in every web directory, article directory, social bookmark etc. and you url must seo too

njulone, Jun 12, 2011 IP