1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone used screenshots of my YouTube videos in his website

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by dexbyte, Mar 7, 2017.

1. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did. I also know there are many plugins and auto blog scripts that will pull videos, make posts out of them, and use a screenshot from the video as the post image. This stuff happens all the time. I've literally had ENTIRE sites copied.. I just kept working hard and I out-shined them and when it was time to renew their domain/hosting, they gave up.

Write the admin of their web server as mentioned above and sometimes you can get their site taken down. My point is you can't avoid this stuff when you're a content creator. Doesn't matter if you make music, write articles, produce video content, graphic design artists, etc. Everybody gets copied and ripped off online. OP should be building a brand and audience so he doesn't have to stress about ranking an article in Google in the first place.

cronik, Jan 13, 2021 IP
  2. c1lonewolf

c1lonewolf Member

Best Answers:
    consider it a learning lesson. videos, just like images, should be marked to identify the original owner. Some video editing software allow you to include your name, logo and even links at the end and I believe some cellphones do as well.

This has been happening for years, look at all the HTML tutorial sites, they all basically say exactly the same thing, but only change a few words and examples out to declare it as their own. It's plagiarism (and copyright infringement) if it's exactly the same or the individual didn't use enough of their own words to create a noticeable difference. The only way you can actually prove the content is your own, is if you have all the documentation saved that lead you to write it. File date/time stamps.

And if you're really pissed off, blast their domain from your youtube page. Showing them to be a fraud and shaming them. But I agree with JoeSpirit and others - "I consider it an additional traffic source". Mark your videos so there's no mistake in who the author is.

c1lonewolf

c1lonewolf, Mar 17, 2021 IP
  3. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who dug this old shit up

pmf123, Mar 18, 2021 IP