1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone Tell Me Why This Site Doesn't Rank - Will Pay $100

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BigFish44, Jan 5, 2013.

I am willing to pay someone $100 over paypal if they can tell me exactly what is causing this site not to rank in Google: http://www.collincountytxrealtor.com

This is a site that has been really frustrating and makes me think I suck at SEO (even though have had lots of success in the past)

• keywords are not overly competitive ("allen tx realtor," "frisco realtor," etc.)... but doesn't rank in the top 50 for anything
    • Ranks fine in Bing/ Yahoo
    • pagerank 4
    • strong backlink profile from relevant sites
    • no warnings/ error messages in Google webmaster
    • unique content
    I am stumped on this one... if anyone can let me know what is happening and your recommended fix gets me ranking... will send $100 to you promptly. Please PM me or respond to this post.

BigFish44, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think that your website needs more content . I only see 4 pages, so you probably need very high quality backlinks to rank in Google top results.
    I realise that is a presentation website and that probably makes your work harder. I'm not a SEO expert , but is just my opinion.

Hefaistos, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  3. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hefaistos is right. Your site needs more content. If you are not ranking in Google at all, it might also be possible that you are hit by a Penguin update recently.(You say you had success in the past, so more likely).

traxport121, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  4. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Rajan,

Hope you are doing good!
    I have analyzed your website and from what I see here below are the issues:

1. Lack of content
    2. Pages not properly optimized (canonical URLs that are SEO friendly are a good idea to start off with)
    3. Main reason Suspected - Caught under EMD update (Exact match domain update from google algorithm as your domain has the keywords you are optimizing for)
    4. Use a better framework or CMS (like wordpress, dont stay static)

Note: You have confirmed on Offpage SEO stuff being clear, request to cross check on the onpage stuff. I guess a good stable clean CMS like WP can help you get the things in order).
    If you are influnced by the EMD update check the article on how to recover from exact match domain update from google.
    Ref: http://orangecopper.com/blog/how-to-recover-from-google-exact-match-domain-update

PS: Glad to know that you too hail from kerala (from your name :)
    good luck with your website.

cheers
    Joshu

joshuthomas, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I did a quick inspection, noticed your right about Page rank #4, and index count is 8. Everything else show 0 links, 0 linking domain.

But, like the person above me said, you need content. The list of things are a lot you need to do, so good luck.

James Byun, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  6. thewriters

thewriters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is the King! So you cannot be indexed high for nothing :) you have to prove your value. Post text content to your website so will go higher

thewriters, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  7. BigFish44

BigFish44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have plenty of sites ranking with less content than that site... so I just don't think that's the issue. The fact is that it is one of the most relevant sites for the search queries that I am optimizing it for... and yet it still does not show up in Google's search results.

BigFish44, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  8. Maxsun

Maxsun Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have success in the past as you said and suddenly your keywords dropped and haven't seen even in the top 50 of Google SERP's then it might be penalized by the search engine. Exactly what they said, more quality content for faster indexing and ranking. I think that's the only best way we can do right now to outsmart Google.

Maxsun, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  9. SS-Q

SS-Q Banned

Best Answers:
    SS-Q, Jan 8, 2013 IP