1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone stole my account, support is useless

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Alex Fowler, May 18, 2017.

I looked up my old Twitter account the other day from 2012 and found out somebody has been using it for years now, complete with my underage pics and everything. It really creeps me out but they changed my login email and I can't get in.

I contacted Twitter like ten times now, the same person has started harassing and threatening me since I called them out and I had to file a report for the threats, but Twitter only will send automatic replies to me. They won't even take a minute to read what I'm saying and deny me help.

What can I do?

I left out they apparently doxed my information and are trying to steal all my other social network login info and getting me locked out of my accounts and posting all my info online, including my families information, that's why I filed the report.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
    Alex Fowler, May 18, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A stern letter from your family's lawyer will probably yield a better response and you will be able to find out exactly which civil and criminal breaches are being made and what you can do about them. At some stage this person had access to your account and presumably your email so I'm thinking it might be an ex, or an old friend you've fallen out with. Your lawyer is going to need the basic facts, as embarrassing as they might be.

An alternative course of action might be to find your local internet safety group. In New Zealand they're an NGO called NetSafe and they have an awesome track record of getting facebook (and presumaby twitter, snapchat, etc) to act. I guess the premise is that they do all the hard work and weed out the bullshit, whining and lies so that by the time the request gets to the site all the hard work has been done. My sister in law got a duplicate fb account closed down in hours after spending days trying to get something done herself. You appear to be in America and I don't know what resources you have available but there will be something.

FWIW I've recently tried to takeover an abandoned twitter account - 1 tweet in '09, no info to make finding the owner possible and I'm pretty good at finding people - and twitter made it impossible. If this person has access to your old twitter account then I'm guessing they have some connection to you.

sarahk, May 18, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    maybe this will be difficult to hear, maybe just move on, I know it sucks, but
    if it is an old account, so what? setup a new account, or simply discard twitter
    altogether! personally, I have found twitter to be worthless marketing; The only
    time people show any interest is when you offer some type of contest, and
    when it is over, they scatter like the wind as if they never even knew you....
    I think there are far better options for sources of targeted traffic; I have received
    around 1000 visitors just from twitter alone, and no sales to show for....

I have talked to a few on twitter, and each and every time it starts,
    and ends with something like "I do not have any money" As far as
    I am concerned, twitter is poor mans free random marketing....

for me, twitter is social proof, and nothing more....

dscurlock, May 18, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We don't know that @Alex Fowler wants to use it for marketing. It sounds like s/he has a spat with a friend and is discovering that what you post online stays online just like s/he was warned.

Walking away is good advice and those old photos will disappear into the mass of other old, uninteresting stuff on the internet.

sarahk, May 18, 2017 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are right, not everyone uses twitter for marketing, and you
    are right, anything posted will disappear fast, and if there is very
    little followers, then no one will really care to begin with...

It maybe a different story if his account had million followers, even in my
    case of 4000 followers, most of my tweets simply go ignored as if I am dead...

dscurlock, May 18, 2017 IP