1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone is using my pub-xxxxxxx?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by frisby, Jul 21, 2006.

Hi!

My statistic today is very wierd. Today I have about 5 times more page impressions as other days.

I have got all ads on channels, but my statistic show channels correct, so this means that someone is using my pub ID. :eek: There are also 3-4 clicks till now on no channel sites.

I am a bit scared what is happening. :confused: Can they tell me which site is showing my ID?

Should I write to Adsense Team and tell them about my problem?

Thx for help.

Have a nice day.

frisby, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  2. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I would write Google AdSense and see if they can track down the rouge site. Make sure to tell them which sites are the only sites that are authorized to display your ads. My hunch is that someone made an innocent typographical error when they put the AdSense code on their pages. As a result they are using your publisher ID instead of their own.

KLB, Jul 21, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  3. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes email the support team and tell them of your findings.

Apparantly they cant see which pages are using your ID, thats what they told me when I was shutting down my US account.

cormac, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  4. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Somebody probably scrapped or just copy and pasted your website forgetting to remove the code.

2. I am sure google has a way to track simple things like that. Although they might not do it just because they cant be bothered.

INV, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thx all for advices.

Do you think I should wait till tomorrow and see if this will continue or is it smarter to write ASAP?

frisby, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  6. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah write them ASAP as you just never know and you havent been the first person to notice this.

cormac, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  7. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Today my stats is pretty normal. Will wait what Adsense Team will say on my mail.

Bye.

frisby, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  8. funlounge

funlounge Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this actually bad news ? I'd love if someone can use my Adsense pub-xxx on his site ! (unless he screws up and I get banned...)

funlounge, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  9. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have you recentley changed your channels. if so maybe someone was just browsing through your cached pages

iatbm, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  10. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't care if I will get extra $1 or $2 per day this way. It is better to be safe. Maybe my pub ID was on site which break the TOS (if it was intentionally).

But now I think it is OK.

No, I haven't. Thx for suggestion.

frisby, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  11. abcdefGARY

abcdefGARY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha, this happened to me too. except I don't know whether someone was using my PUB #. I just know that I earned 5 bucks. ;) and they didn't show up in any of my channels and all of my ads have channels.

but I wrote to google though.

abcdefGARY, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  12. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What they said to you?

frisby, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  13. smokey99

smokey99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try searching for some of your content on other sites, as someone mentioned, your site may have been copied. (Duplicate content penalties would be a concern)

I had someone steal half the pages on one of my top ranked sites a few months ago. A quick letter to their isp solved the problem

smokey99, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  14. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it such a bad thing for people to click your ads lol

peeg, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  15. abcdefGARY

Best Answers:
    They have not replied back. I e-mailed them 2 days ago.

abcdefGARY, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  16. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are so clueless that they even copied your advertising aha ha

chachacallis, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  17. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe its something wrong with adsense as i am seeing the same thing in my account today the total clicks doesnt added up to whats in my channel.

chachacallis, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  18. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense Team answered me that this can be because of using the frames, altough I don't use them. :)

I don't know really now. But it is OK now.But one day was definetly something wrong, because even my server stats were normal and there were no sign of so high impressions.

Bye.

frisby, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  19. abcdefGARY

Best Answers:
    I got a response:

Hello Gary, Thanks for letting us know about this situation.

I understand that you'reconcerned about the recent activity you've noticed on your site. Unfortunately, due to the proprietary nature of our technology, we're notable to disclose any specific details about the clicks on the Google adson your site. I can assure you, however, that we've noted your input andwe'll continue to monitor your situation closely. Your aggregate reports may show more clicks and impressions than yourchannel reports for a variety of reasons, the most common reason beingthat your pages have been shown in a frame. Occasionally, traffic programsor sites like Google Image Search use frames to display pages. When clicksoccur on a framed page, they won't appear in your channel reports. Please be assured that while some statistics may not appear in yourchannels, all clicks and impressions are being recorded correctly in youraggregate reports.

I also wanted to let you know that in the future, we may adjust yourpayment for any days during which invalid clicks occurred. This helps usprotect the integrity of the AdSense program and properly creditadvertisers for any invalid activity. We appreciate your understanding in this matter and look forward to yourcontinued participation in the program.

abcdefGARY, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  20. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like they are saying that they noted your concern and will take that into account when looking at any unusually activity related to your account that is coming from an unusual page for your account. This is a good outcome that should provide you with a little extra protection.

KLB, Jul 25, 2006 IP