1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone is using my email as their account recovery

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by gelaar, Jul 27, 2017.

I've worked through Twitter Help for over an hour now, can't find a way to report my problem. I've never used or created an account on Twitter; this is my first time trying to create a Twitter account. I'm unable to do so, getting error/notification that my email is already in use for a Twitter account. I did the password recovery thing and the email sent to me was in Persian ( for which I cannot read, I live in USA, not Iran ). I used Google Translate and it was asking me ( paraphrasing ) if I was trying to update password for different email. I realized at that moment, when I first tried to recover my password, there was another email option. It's clear to me now, someone has my email address as one of their account recovery options, not as their primary email they used to create an account. Sigh ... ok, anyone know what I can do to rip my email away from their account? If I update the password, they won't be able to log into their Twitter account and they will still have my email related to their account. Man, this is wild - anyone have any ideas? Can't seem to find a way to simply email Twitter my situation.

gelaar, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I would be inclined to login, update the password, remove the recovery email, log out.

They'll wonder why they can't log in, will reset the password again and probably won't even notice the removal of the recovery email - which was probably a typo anyway.

I wouldn't contact them to tell them what you have done, that will only invite drama.

sarahk, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  3. gelaar

gelaar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I guess I can negotiate the site written in Persian - appreciate your help.

gelaar, Jul 27, 2017 IP