1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone is DEFINATELY trying to sabotage me

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by super_kid, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Bah! It's called leting Google know about possible fraud, by visitors. Any visitor/robot that click bombs you is doing fraud! It's much better than saying nothing and then geting the terminiation notice. Atleast now if Google terminates him, he'll have these replies to prove to Google that he did try to stop them (By reporting them!), which'll help his case in trying to get back in to Google. Some people have been terminated right after reporting the click bombs and got back in after providing the proof!!

I once got a 500% increase clickbomb and that day also didn't increase the earnings, as if Google noticed it and didn't count them. And yes, the click bomb attack came back a few days later!

Nintendo, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  2. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh, ignore Crazy Rob, he's just lashing out on us for his frustrations as a 40 year old virgin who lives with his mom and goes to Yu-Gi-Oh conventions. I make an effort into not being lure into flame wars by people with mental ages of under 10. :) As Douglas Adams would put, he's "mostly harmless" anyway.

Moving on with the thread, how did you manage to become the target of a click bomb attack? Making some e-nemies too?

super_kid, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Actually I think you nearly described Nintendo (except his Mom left the house)

yfs1, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  4. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh man. Here we go again :lol:

No flames, guys.

5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    I have no idea! Looking at the Channel, I noticed it was an AWS store. And that get's less than 1,000 pageviews a day. It was like 50% CTR vs maybe 1% on a normal day. After the second bomb I didn't even bother to contact them.

Nintendo, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  6. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope they establish I'm not behind this, so I don't have to bother sending them an e-mail everytime my beloved stalkers feel like making my life harder.

classifieds, brittanyk and Nintendo like this.
  7. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I took down the banners for one day, thinking that would be enough for them to stop, and put them back up this morning.

And again my CTR soared beyond the 50% mark.

Since I'm not getting paid for those clicks (Google told me on the first email), since they already knew the clicks were fraudulent, and I informed then, do I have a reason to worry?

8. Stin

Stin Guest

Best Answers:
    i wouldnt continue to worry, just leave the ads up and enjoy

Stin, Aug 22, 2005 IP