1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone in India scammed me out of $1100

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jihoy, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Right. It's India, man. And it's a lot of money for this country. I'll not get anything with court things. And the sum is not big enough for Interpol and agencies like to mess with. Just leave feedbacks about the guy everywhere around, wish him whatever you want, forget about the money and be more careful in the future. Sorry for you :(

Karuna17, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  2. Premium_Domain_sales

Premium_Domain_sales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear :(

I heard several scam in namepros forum and we(Indian Forum users) helped them to track that guy.

i knew it's tough to track but we don't giveup. Please PM me his details. I'm almost part of team in many indian forum.

Surely he will do the same in future, that time we will caught him.

Premium_Domain_sales, May 6, 2014 IP
  3. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try to call him? Is there a website that he has? maybe you can find further personal details using whois for the website. Unfortunately I hear more and more such cases from IN and it is not much you can do. Unless you fight crime with crime ;)

shmekerosu, May 6, 2014 IP
  4. Classificados

Classificados Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that, but I think you will save a lot of time and energy if you cut your loses and move on. Just be careful next time. Read about the scams out there, there is tons of websites that warn people about ongoing internet scams. There are over 1 billion people in India, so do you think they will care about somebody being scammed on the internet? The last time I checked Paypal does not even allow payments to India because of similar problems.

Classificados, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    If trusting this thread it's more about Indian governmental regulations and trying to fight black market, than 'cause of caring about scams. Indian governenment fights black market with new regulations so proficiently, that it grows every day:)

Karuna17, May 7, 2014 IP
  6. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Western Union is a horrid service and I have no idea why people are still happy to pay people via it, I have yet to meet anyone who has paid money through it that did not go to a scammer. Sad as it is I think you will have to mark this down to a bad experience and be more careful in future. If someone wants to do business via Western Union then decline unless they are willing to go through a more reputable service.

Dean_Saliba, May 7, 2014 IP
  7. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WU is just one wrong way to pay. Go to police because you have his ID info. We should create a thread on DP approved by mods with people who scammed and still are. @maverickk3 is another guy who makes his games slowly and scams DP members. Looking for opinions.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  8. lsc297

lsc297 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I am in the UK, I had a similar experience, except the thief used false name, documents, false details etc. I employed a private investigator, ( PI) who tracked the bastard down. Then my lawyer filed an application for a non bailable arrest warrant, which meant the guy would have been locked up until the case was settled.
    The thief had stolen $10k off me, thro flippa- full of scammers.
    Anyway, I got my money back- his dad paid, rather than have him locked up. Like you, I am totally pissed off with these scammers, and was prepared to chase him down, whatever the cost
    I would suggest the best route forward is for you to contact a PI in India- you can PM for details of the guy I used- at least he is honest & will give you a fixed price. He can look into the guy & his family background- if he is from a good family they will hate the potential disgrace of this guy being convicted. He can contact the guys family & advise you will have him arrested, if he does not pay you. Indian courts are a minefield- I had to bribe court guys to get the warrant, but at least I sorted the bastard out!
    I hope this helps, PM me if you want any more 1st hand advice

lsc297, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  9. kimmlouis

kimmlouis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What else can you expect off an indian. Interenet is filled up with the stories of their scams. Next time dont use them or at least use escrow..

Also, Do you think you would get justice off indian court? If so. Try your luck.

The best would be, Be careful next time working with them.

kimmlouis, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  10. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure whether people are following the OP or not, but in his last message he clearly mentioned he is trying to resolve the issue with the seller. So don't post further remark only based on your assumptions.

seo_buzz, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  11. Paul998

Paul998 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi lsc297, I just sent you a PM;
    I am also scammed by a guy in India that I met on Flippa for USD$15K; I saw his listing on flippa and contacted him and gave money through Escrow.com; I also talked to him over the phone and he sounded genuine. Once the money is transferred, he stopped answering my phone calls and not responsive on skype; I am based in US and I don't have the time to travel to India to track this guy(I have his home address); I run a webdesign/development company locally here in the US and I am very busy, but don't want to let such scammers go scott-free.
    Can you let me know the Investigator you used and how you were able to get your money back. Please let me know your skypeID. I greatly appreciate it!! This will be a big help.

Paul998, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  12. Premium_Domain_sales

Best Answers:
    PM sent.

if you used Escrow.com, yo can get your money back by contacting them. more details required to solve your issue.

Premium_Domain_sales, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  13. Paul998

Paul998 Peon

Best Answers:
    Escrow has already transferred the money to the Indian guy; The agreement was that he want all the funds transferred into his account before he would show me the traffic source of the business that I am interested in; He sounded very genuine and he also gave me his scanned copy of Indian passport and I spoke to him on phone; Once he got the funds, he said he doesn't have time to explain the traffic sources, I doubt that is the reason, he simply doesn't want to give that information; I asked for the refund and he said he will return the $15K back; its been two days now and he doesn't answer the phone/email or respond on Skype;

I have dealt with people like this in the past but the problem is we have to put some more money and time in this; Does any of you know a good Private Investigator (PI) that can work on such issues.

Paul998, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  14. Premium_Domain_sales

Best Answers:
    If you have his Passport scan copy, then, it's very easy to find out by complaint in cypercrime.

$15000 = Rs 920,000 (approximately) it's big money in india just for domain name.

i sent you an PM but you didn't respond me. Goodluck to get your money back.

Premium_Domain_sales, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  15. Paul998

Paul998 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, It's not a small amount; I just responded to your PM.

Paul998, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  16. Premium_Domain_sales

Best Answers:
    I called his mobile. it was switched off.

however i will send warning by his postal address. there is no response,then we can file a cybercrime complaint against him.

we should fight hard to teach a lesson for these scammers.

Premium_Domain_sales, Oct 7, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  17. Deon Christie

Deon Christie Banned

Best Answers:
    Ouch...! My best advice, is don't fall for the "Overnight Riches" Scams, there's No Such Thing! Before you purchase online, best to check the reviews on a product you consider purchasing. If more than 60% of the reviews says its BS, then it probably is...

Deon Christie, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  18. DAWalker

DAWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same experience last month
    someone from India scammed me $700

DAWalker, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  19. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's very unfortunate. I completely understand you want to pay that scammer a good lesson but Asian laws (e.g. India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc.) are very facial in these cases. Day before yesterday someone scammed $50 from me. First he provided me $5 service, gained my trust and when I gave him $50 via Skrill he just blocked me from Facebook! It's really painful and lots of members have gone through with this scenario I guess. Really feeling sorry.

strawberrybob, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  20. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well said Sugavanas! I was scammed two times (last one just two days ago!) and yesterday I felt like to do it!

strawberrybob, Dec 28, 2014 IP