1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone farted at MSN.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Web Gazelle, May 25, 2006.

1. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dangit! I need those extra few visitors I was getting from MSN. What if they were the ones who bought stuff? :( :rolleyes:

Web Gazelle, May 30, 2006 IP
  2. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish more people searched using arabia.msn.com and search.msn.co.uk.

Maybe then I'd still have some visitors.

andheresjohnny, May 30, 2006 IP
  3. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Found the same problems myself.

carowan, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Most poeple are seeing the keyword stuffed domains ranking right now. So this last update should just be cancelled.

Web Gazelle, May 30, 2006 IP
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    It seems maybe the blog spam has chilled out, but I am not postive . I thought I would be right behind you when that happened but I got knocked back a page. For some credit card terms the blog spammers got wiped out , for while the same guy had like 8 out of 10 spots. One of my girl friends mortgage sites are doing great, but mine are gone.

What do you think they use to identify blog links, just url patterns. Some of my coop sites are doing better, so I doubt it has to do with getting links fast.

ferret77, May 30, 2006 IP
  6. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really dont understand whats going on the site that has lost positions for me in MSN is in the same place as it always has been in the UK version of MSN search.

johneva, May 30, 2006 IP
  7. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Were certain sectors hit harder than others? I am not seeing any change in serps for my main k/w's. For photo hosting, I am still #5, I have basically been jumping around between #2-#5 for months. I am actually one position higher than photohosting. biz so I am not sure keyword stuffed domains is an issue here. Ummm...don't know.

Janet, May 30, 2006 IP
  8. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    analytics is telling me that my traffic from msn has gone down around 20% on all sites!! :(

ash1, May 31, 2006 IP
  9. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Well if MSN was giving you 5 visitors a month then you only lost 1 visitor. :D

Web Gazelle, May 31, 2006 IP
  10. johneva

Best Answers:
    Well it looks like these changes are here to stay I am sorry to say as they would have changed again by now if they were not happy.

Well I am not happy.

I would not be so bothered if they were good sites that had overtook me but checkout this site it is 2nd place for the search term contract hire.
    http://www.contracthire.net

Compared to the sites I work on.
    http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

I am well hacked off at the quality of sites that have taken over me due to these new changes at MSN.

johneva, May 31, 2006 IP
  11. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    I am well hacked off at the quality of sites that have taken over me due to these new changes at MSN.[/QUOTE]
    Well if you still rank well in Google, Yahoo and even Ask, then all is not lost. Actually you probably lost next to nothing. :D MSN's market share is next to nothing. :rolleyes:

12. johneva

Best Answers:
    True true as long as I am still doing well in Google annd the others then all is not lost but still.

MSN does account for 10% of our visits from search engines so I will have still lost quite a few visitors as I did rank 1st now I am ranking mid 2nd page. At the end of the day 10% is 10%, but there is nout I can do except keep doing my work as normal I suppose.

Sooner or later they will realise that these changes are not as good as they thought, but I wonder just how long it is gonna take them.

johneva, May 31, 2006 IP
  13. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    What I am saying is don't make changes to try to rank better in MSN if you have good rankings in the other SEs. MSN is just an insect compared to the other giants of the SE world.

14. johneva

Best Answers:
    Ah right right , yeah I get what your sayin matey. ;)

johneva, May 31, 2006 IP
  15. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a really nice site. I wonder why they knocked it off the first page. I did notice that you have 16 pages of links on your site, some of which are unrelated to your site content. Do you think they devalued those links or something? Just a thought. Otherwise I can't understand what happened.

Anyway, msn may be an "insect compared to the other giants of the SE world" but I receive 50% of my se referrals from them at this point so I am relieved that my rankings remain unchanged.

Janet, May 31, 2006 IP
  16. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Well yeah, if your site isn't ranking that well in Google yet then a loss from any other SE is going to hurt alot more.

17. guybrush

guybrush Peon

Best Answers:
    "If your competitor has a keyword-stuffed-domain and they know 2 and 2 in SEO, then you'r busted."

you can say that again. I am getting killed by a competitor who has stuffed his site like the thanksgiving turkey and has only one-sixth of my backlinks.

guybrush, May 31, 2006 IP
  18. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I get 40% from google even though my rankings in google are not as good as msn yet. Still working on that. :D

Janet, May 31, 2006 IP
  19. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably this is temporary. These SEs reindex and rearrange their database regularly and this results in misplacement of some domains.

So best would be to wait for few days and see. I am sure you would be placed back to where you were ;)

mirainfo, May 31, 2006 IP
  20. bigmack

bigmack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure these results are here to stay. Msndude verified that the changes are over and the results should be fairly stabilized now, stating:
    haha, he's quite the funny guy that msndude.

bigmack, May 31, 2006 IP