1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some thoughts about what are SEO-wise good & bad Links.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wowcast, Feb 23, 2013.

Hello Forum!

This post is my view of things nowadays and i want to help people, who i think are doing SEO still very badly.
    I'm still seeing a lot of people, who are asking for Sitewide footer links or sitewide widget links. For those, the era (2000s) of this is pretty much over and gives nearly no use in seo. Not only it doesnt help your seo, but it might hurt it, because having too many links having the same static anchor text. As it could be seen from google as gray/blackhat if used way too much.

One more point, why you should not be using those kind of links is, that this makes the USEREXPIRIENCE unsufficient. Most of the users that check out the footer, are searching for navigation and big G thinks the same. So you should place your most important links to your Website in there. This since it is user freindly and because your website has probably the most JUICE which you would like to give to your important sub-pages.

And by the way, im 90% sure, that only the first unique URL of a website on a website counts as link. So meening you want to rank something, and put 10 links on the widget and then 10 more in the footer to the same website - it will count only once.

So thats about the bad links.

Today good offpage SEO is done mainly by Guest Posting and Content Links. I hope most of you know what this is, and if not should read it up as fast as possible. And as you follow Googles Logic, you can see why guest posting and content links are that important - because it is more user friendly (which is what footer links are not).

Dont forget to always add unique Articles, try less spin and go to the Link exchange sub-page of this forum to find someone, in the same niche who is willing to exchange well done content with you.

I hope i could help you guys! Soon (when i am allowed to post links) i will gather bunch of websites, where you can find easily people for guest articles in your specific niche and lenguage.

wowcast, Feb 23, 2013 IP