1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some question regarding COPPA

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by kraftzy, Nov 8, 2011.

So I am in the process of setting up a phpbb forum and had some confusion I needed to clear up regarding COPPA. My forum's intended audience is not children, in fact its a forum mostly focused on business discussions.

So I was wondering whether it will be in compliance with COPPA to completely restrict registration for children under 13. (Right now the forum default is activated where user below 13 can register but parents need to send documents to activate the account.) Actually, it would be helpful if anyone can give me little pointers on when COPPA must be used. I checked the COPPA website but it looks like kind of pre-historic documents.

kraftzy, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    From the COPPA website:

It does not sound like your site "focused on business discussions" would need to worry about COPPA unless you know for a fact that children under 13 are signing up and giving you their information.

browntwn, Nov 8, 2011 IP