1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Q's.. from a Newbie =)

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Design1, Dec 7, 2004.

I just installed this on my site two days ago, got real lucky and found the .asp version to use on my 98.9% asp site. I waited for my banners and account to be approved and they were.. then I waited another day and realized i had put it to my forum page instead of my main site.. It was originally just going to be in there, before I changed my mind. So after I did that, checked my validation for weight. At the time i was really impressed. I do have a large site, PR5.. good stuff. But then I browsed through the forums here and checked out some of the other websites that display these links and i refreshed several times on some (i believe someone else said they did that and apologized for wasted bandwidth, well me too.. thought that was funny).. the problem was, i didnt see my site at all. Like that person I saw some ebay ones often and a few other sites but never my site.

· I was curious if anyone happened to know of a post here that had a bit more info on how much weight was worthy?

I really do look forward to using this. I have a great site that does well for weird random keywords that arent very popular, but when it comes down to my main keyword I am obnoxiously low in Google, so i am hoping that this will help me out a bit. After reading other users success stories I am very excited to see how this will effect things.

· Is this based on clicks or views? I am assuming its not.. from what i have read.

· Should my link be popping up randomly now, since i am approved and weighty? (Only place in the world you want to weigh a lot ;) hehe)

· I did notice that with the .asp version i selected to display on my site, that it shows text links without descriptions. When i made my first ad, it was a banner (then i made a text link one (with description)). Does anyone use those? If you dont display those yourself, do those not get counted? Does the text links that I am displaying now just come from the text link that has the description and just leaves off the description?

WOwzers, i typed a lot. Sorry to be a bother hehe :)
    Any random help would be greatly appreciated. I dont require answers to any of it, however just some things i would like to know.. besides maybe some how some way some day someone else will ask the same things hehe.. unless someone already did, then just send me a link or something

:D

- - oh yeah if this thing gets me in the top 10 for my keyword i will donate $250 without hesitating. Maybe even more. But it would take a miracle for that to happen.

Design1, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    My 8,000 weight or so got me about 1,000 backlinks in two weeks according to MSN beta.

Neither really. It's more about serving pages that Google knows about. I know that could be called 'views', but not in the normal advertising sense.

·
    Yes. If you've enabled the ads they will be out there eventually. It can take several days for your ads to fully get in the system. Be patient. I've been a part of the network for about 2 weeks. Initial weight of 8,000, added another 45,000 recently. I've never seen my ad. I don't care.... I know it's out there. I added the 45,000 over the weekend and this morning I woke up with about 2,000 backlinks in MSN beta. All of my sites show up very high in allinanchor with Google.

crew, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh wow!!! Thanks a lot for your post!!!! :D :D
    I have been terribly struggling with backlinks, it seems the more I add, the less Google shows. So if you gained 1k backlinks in two weeks that is just over 3 times the amount i have now. This could be a very very very good thing for me.

At this rate, I might be signing all of my sites up for this. It definitely seems like a great idea, infact this sounds like the best thing available. It really seems set up well and like everyone helps each other. I wish i would have joined when i first heard about it awhile back. I guess i am here now and thats all that matters. :D

Although if i woke up one day to 1k+ backlinks I would probably have a heart attack.. hehe ;)

Design1, Dec 7, 2004 IP